LGBT community rallies for Jehovah’s Witnesses

by brizzzy 8 Replies latest jw friends

• brizzzy
    brizzzy

How much do you wanna bet the irony flies right over their heads with a *whoosh*?

http://lgbtweekly.com/2012/01/05/lgbt-community-rallies-for-jehovahs-witnesses/

• AGuest
    AGuest

Stands to reason that if "He that is not against you, is for you"... then "He that is FOR you is not AGAINST you," dear Brizz (peace to you!). Sad, though: the favor is not likely to be returned. I can't even see them giving a much warranted and deserved "thanks."

[Although, I have to say that they don't run as much from LGBTs... as they do from those they consider "apostates". The latter tends to make most of them appear as if they've seen a ghost, once "what" such ones "are"... comes out." (Pun intended)]

Integrity is a fine quality... no matter who displays it. GOOD for the LGBT community!

Again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ... who is SO glad to be able to STOP judging... and so love anyone... or community she wishes to... indeed, all...

SA

SA

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Yeah, the WT is full of love and admiration for the lGBT community. I fondly recall all the wondrous comments. Perhaps they have changed. Bestiality was considered better than being gay.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

JWs are already lame predatory animals.

But (in their minds) as long as they don't do the "nasty," they are not committing bestiality.

Or so they think!

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

“A hate crime is a hate crime is a hate crime,” Ramirez said. “We’re talking about a church; a place where people go for spirituality. I may not agree with their positions against equal rights for all Americans, but I’m sure not going to shrink from my responsibility to stand up in support of anyone who’s been victimized by the kind of violence that kept our community in the shadows for so long.”

I can't doubt the sincerity of the writer, above.

None of the dubs that posted comments said" thank you". The closest anyone got was to say they were "amazed".

• metatron
    metatron

It is amazing!

A group of 'filthy, depraved perverts' school the Watchtower in love and real spirituality.

This is a unique moment.

metatron

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Here is my comment. Hopefully it doesn't get deleted from their comments section...

I am Gay, and was raised as one of Jehovah's Witnesses. When my Family and friends in the Kingdom Hall found out, I was disfellowshipped and shunned by all friends, and I was disowned by my parents. I was told that because of being Gay that I may as well be a murderer or rapist as far as they were concerned. My Father had died, and I did not find out until 3 years after the fact while doing a search on the internet. In the JW org. being Gay is one of the most horrendous sins possible. Thankfully, after much therapy, I was able to survive the trauma. Unfortunately though, there are many, many who have taken their own lives because they couldn't deal with the shunning and ostracism within the JW's just for being Gay.

Even so, I laud the Gay community for being empathetic to those who would rather see them die. Never would JW's do the same thing for Gay people, as it is totally against what they believe. The kindness of the Gay community proves even more to me that love for one another trumps the hate that JW's have towards those who do not believe what they teach.

Thank you to my Brothers and Sisters in the LGBT community, I am very proud to be part of you and your kindness.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Ohio Cowboy, your comment was excellent!

• steve2
    steve2

Sorry to hear ohiocowboy of the extreme reaction of the JWs to your being gay. I truly feel for what you went through. The JWs reaction to you seems to have been in sad contradiction of the official Watchtower view that a gay/homosexual orientation is not in and of itself a disfellowshipping offense; rather it is the engaging in what the Watchtower calls homosexual acts.

I was born and raised a JW and at age 14 disclosed my homosexual orientation to the elders who stressed that provided I did not act on my homosexual orientation I was still n good standing. Three years later I was baptized a JW. Of course, I was subsequently disfellowshipped for a far, far worse offense: apostasy. One of my JW relatives told me just prior to my being officially disfellowshipped that the extended family accepted my sexual orientation but completely and utterly rejected my questioning that the Watchtower Society is God's representative on earth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit