Hey, LV101!

by palmtree67 6 Replies latest jw friends

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I'm here living in Sin City!

Any good things I shouldn't miss?

Where do the locals eat? Gamble? Have fun?

I already found a wonderful tapas bar, out of the way shopping and the "M" has many deals for locals.

• LV101
    LV101

Let me know what area you're in . . . i'm assuming it's Summerlin. The Redrock is good and voted No. 1 for locals --- good buffet. restaurants and movie theatres w/comfy seats (in first few rows in mid section as I recall). Locals like the Rampart/Summerlin. The Suncoast is good for locals --- movie theatres and hear the mexican restaurant there is pretty good. Right across the street from the Suncoast & north of the Cheesecake Factory, located inside Boca Park at Charleston/Ft. Apache) is the new outdoor mall called Tivoli -- shops and Brisas Restaurant (sp? -- i'll get exact spelling) which I like for lunch but not so much dinner compared to other places --- fun shops and eating places. At Boca Park you have Cheesecake Factory, Kona Grill, Jason's Deli which are good. A good steak restaurant is Flemings (affordable) in Summerlin. The hot pizza place is Grimaldis. Tapas are great at Fire Fly and Sammy's Pizza has them now but haven't tried. At the Fashion Show Mall --- Majjiano's Italian and California Pizza Kitchen/good.

George Straight is here in Feb (the 4th?). I've heard of websites that give discounted tickets to shows/food, etc., and may have jotted down and will let you know. Recall you're into football and not basketball. If UNLV's basketball program gets exciting again (if EVER) think you would enjoy the experience --- the Vegans really go crazy.

Just heard a place called Fausto's Mexican Food is very good (think it's low key/good prices but haven't tried). The Lindo Michoacan West is a fav mexican restaurant of locals and Viva Mercados (Spring Mtn. and Rainbow). Also like Frank and Fina's Cocina on W. Flamingo (shopping center). Dona Maria is an old-time fav Mexican Restaurant and sells tons of tamales at xmas time.

Hope this helps --- if you need manicurist (have great one from Canada/good prices, very good and has Elton John as a client and others. Have some good referrals for colorists, hairdressers, etc. --- ahhh, this is getting lengthy so I'll PM you w/more. If there's anything in particular (area/food preference) you think of holler.

LV101

• tec
    tec

(((LV101)))

Haven't seen much of you lately. Maybe that's just me missing you. Hope you are well.

Peace,

Tammy

• shamus100
    shamus100

I am totally jealous right now...

• LV101
    LV101

Palmtree67 --- sorry/the Tivoli mentioned above post is located north of Boca Park. It's one cool outdoor mall like the Town Square on Las Vegas Blvd. South which is outdoor mall (very cool) w/restaurants, MAC (makeup) salon store that has items not available in dept. stores. One of the nice places to eat is the Brio Tuscan Grille (which is also located in the new Tivoli that I referred to as "Brisas" earlier.

LV101

• LV101
    LV101

TEC --- SO great to hear from you. I've been so busy and after this week hope to have a little more time.

Miss you, too --- stay in touch.

LV101

• LV101
    LV101

shamus 100 --- don't be jealous!

Hugs,

LV101

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit