Well, 2011 is gone and...

by WTWizard 3 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Nothing. Remember OBVES, with all his complicated formulas forecasting that the end was coming in 2011? Virtually everything was about 2011, and there were formulas that "proved(??)" that the God-inspired end was coming in 2011 for sure. And now, 2011 is gone everywhere in the world, and yet none of those predictions came true! This absolutely proves every single one of those formulas, no matter how many times they have been reposted, wrong.

That is what you get for trying to use any inspired writings to "prove(??)" that the end is coming in any given month, day, or year. It happened to Jehovah's Witlesses repeatedly--and they had the embarrassment of trying to come up with another date. It happened to Harold Camping, twice, last year. And now it just happened to OBVES--who I would like to see what he has for an answer as to how his certain prediction that the end was coming in 2011 didn't happen in time. As with all other similar "proofs(??)", your forecast is based either on a faulty promise, faulty calculations, or both. And I would presume both, in all these cases.

As for when I really think the end is coming, I don't think God is going to do anything. Agenda 21+ could happen tomorrow, in 20 years, or any time between. But there are too many wildcards to even attempt an exact prediction--or even to what degree this man-made end is going to succeed. The same for hyperinflation--there are too many ways for them to keep pushing it into the future, and the longer they play their games, the worse it ultimately will come. But, no Bible-based formulas promising the end of America or the dollar as we know them for 2011 or 2012.

• Heaven
    Heaven

"Closing time, every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end." - Semisonic

Change is the one constant in life. The Watchtower's Armageddon Prophecy is based on some old guy's demented dream/vision. OBVES has been predicting crap for over 9 years. The Watchtower has been doing it for over 130. Both of them have been 100% WRONG. Same with Harold Camping and all the other end times prophets.

When one cries wolf too many times, everyone stops listening... and the one doing the crying loses credibility and integrity.

We will see change; some things will end, some will begin a-new, some things will continue. Each one of us will change. Each one of us will one day cease to exist in this physical world. There will be no Armageddon.

• alias
    alias

...can't go back only forward...

and if it's all gonna end at some point, there's not a durn thing I can do about it.

Happy 2012!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I suppose I could make a prediction for the end. Of course, the formulas would be based on how the sun is acting, and whether anything is headed for the planet that could smash it or knock it out of orbit. The end will come when the sun burns out or swallows the earth, or when we get knocked into the sun, out of orbit, or smashed into oblivion. And there isn't a damn thing you or I can do to ensure salvation when that happens.

Now, the disclaimer. The sun swallowing the earth or burning out is something like 4 to 5 billion years away. So, unless you are looking at the year 5,000,002,011, I doubt you are going to be affected. And, when 5,000,002,012 comes, most of us are probably going to be long gone (barring a major scientific advance that allows us to live forever). And even that could be sidestepped if science finds a way to prevent the sun from going kaboom.

Short of that, any predictions of the world ending based on some ancient books are rubbish. Even the famous December 21, 2012 prediction is probably going to be about as disruptive to humans as stepping into the southern hemisphere from the northern hemisphere. That is because we are supposedly going into the southern hemisphere of our galaxy at that time. Which has happened many times before. There will be no supernatural rapture, no global enlightenment, and no end of the world as religious scammers like to paint. We will be able to ridicule that prediction when December 22, 2012 reaches the International Date Line.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit