need questions for FAQ on United Nations

by Dogpatch 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Hi folks,
    I am setting up a FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) about the United Nations scandal with the Watchtower. It will be posted at:
    http://www.randytv.com/secret/unitednations.htm

What questions are Witnesses most likely to ask about this issue?
    What questions are as yet unresolved?

If you have any questions to add, or have insight from a discussion with a Witness or the headquarters, please post so I can include a question and answer on this matter.
    thanks,
    Randy Watters
    [email protected]

• rekless
    rekless

This will be their first question:
    Are you sure the Guardian Newspaper is not owned by apostates?

• mustang
    mustang

Randy,

Some question has to counter the 'Library Card' Defense. Also, you might want to point to some link w/ a 'bio' of Lloyd Barry & Ciro
    Ouchcino.

Mustang

• MoeJoJoJo
    MoeJoJoJo

rekless,
    Did you know that the WT quotes from the Guardian newspaper extensively? That's the argument that I use when a JW tells me that it must be an apostate newspaper. I ask them, why would the Society quote from an apostate newspaper? Then I tell them to look it up on their WT cd-all they have to do is type in Guardian under search.

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

The obvious:
    What is an NGO?

What is the DPI?

How long was the WT associated with the UN?

Who signed the application?

Did the WT 'join' the UN? (or, alternately)
    What do you mean when you say the WT 'joined' the UN?
    [head off the semantical argument that the WT couldn't have "joined" the UN]

How often did the WT have to renew their membership/affiliation/application?

What year did the UN require NGOs to "uphold the charter [yadda yadda yadda] of the UN?"

Hmmm

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

A common one is:

"Well how do you know the signatures weren't forged? Because I KNOW the governing body wouldn't do anything like that!!"

Everything secret degenerates, even the administration of justice; nothing is safe that does not show how it can bear discussion and publicity. Lord Acton 1834-1902

• belbab
    belbab

One question that has yet to be resolved is this:

The requirements for joining was that four references from other organisations had to be submitted. What other outside groups would give the WT recommendations? I suspect Columbia University, Human rights dept. for one. Judah Shroeder and another brother gave seminar talks there. Any other ideas who they may be?

Belbab

• jerome
    jerome

If the libary card excuse is wrong then why would they join?
    Also i recently started a thread about their volunteer work with regards to volunteer work last year as it was the International year of the Volunteer. I think there is a good possibility that they were obliged support the volunteer work as an active NGO as a part of the UN agenda!

Other questions:

1 What is the UN NGO Charter?

2 Who did you get this information from?

3 What year did they become a member?

4 What was the change in language of the UN NGO Charter that caused them to leave?

5 How do i verify this from non-apostate sources?

6 Could they use the libary without being associated with the DPI.

7 How many years before they became formally associated did they use the libary?

8 Can the information they requested be obtained from the UN depositories?

9 What is a depository?

10 What information did they seek to obtain from the libary?

11 Who actually used the libary?

12 Who represented the WTBS officially at the UN?

13 How does this effect the neurtality of the WTBS?

14 How has it been possible to have keep this information secret for the last 10 years?

15 Why is it so hard to obtain information from the UN offical website about the WTBS NGO arrangement?

16 Did they leave as a result of the change in language regarding the criteria of membership or did they leave as a result of the association being publically acknowledged?

17 How did they find out about this change in membership requirements?

18 Can you show me documents which state the UN NGO Charter for all 10 years of their association.

19 Where did you get that copy of a letter addressed to an elder?

I could think of others.

The Bible is a two edged sword wield it for evil and it you may get hurt.

• Lari
    Lari

Randy, Thanks for working on this. I have been hoping to see something like this so I could talk to my sister.

Whatever you do, plese include where they can find the info themselves from objective sources. Thanks

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit