• behemot
    behemot

Brooklyn man leaps 15 stories to his death

Text messages to his son indicated suicidal thoughts: cops

BY Kerry Burke & Sarah Armaghan
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Wednesday, December 28 2011, 4:56 PM

Wednesday, December 28 2011, 4:56 PM

A man jumped to his death Wednesday from 15th floor of 245 Wortman Avenue in East New York, Brooklyn.  Todd Maisel/New York Daily News A man jumped to his death Wednesday from 15th floor of 245 Wortman Avenue in East New York, Brooklyn.

A troubled man jumped to his death from a Brooklyn rooftop Wednesday in front of horrified bystanders below, police and witnesses said.

Neighbors identified the man as Dwayne Fagan, 48, a devout Jehovah’s Witness, who plunged 15 stories to his death.

Before his death, the suicidal man warned of hurting himself in a series of disturbing texts messages between him and a family member, a police source said.

Fagan left his seventh-floor apartment in the Linden Houses in East New York and headed toward the roof around 12:45 p.m., sources said.

A ledge above the the building’s entrance broke Fagan’s fall, before he tumbled to the ground, cops and witnesses said.

“I saw him land — it was so loud,” said eyewitness Antoinette George, 25, who lives in the same building on Wortman Ave. near Van Siclen Ave. “I thought someone had thrown an air conditioner off the roof. I screamed and screamed for a minute straight.”

“All his limbs were broken” the startled woman said. “He was lifeless.”

[email protected]

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/brooklyn/brooklyn-man-leaps-15-stories-death-article-1.998012#ixzz1hvJrl3hz

• behemot
    behemot

sorry

didn't notice coffee_black already posted this piece of news.

I apologize for double posting.

Behemot

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

This is so sad. The fear they feel every moment of night and day is a heavy burden to carry. I remember.

• JRK
    JRK

Very sad situation. Just another sign that Jehovah's Witnesses are "the happiest people on Earth." My heart goes out for his family.

JK

• its_me!
    its_me!

I wonder what caused him to do it. Perhaps fear of not being good enough? Or maybe he realized that everything he had sacrificed in his life thinking he was doing the right thing was all for nothing. I remember when I found out that it was all a lie, horrible feeling. Poor soul, and I hurt for his family as well. I wonder if the society will try to spin it and say that he had some physical disorder that caused him to do it. It couldn't possibly have anything to do with the fact that the Borg makes people miserable.

• JW GoneBad
  • JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

I found this quote in another news article mentioning Dwayne Fagan's suicide:

"According to the Cult Awareness And Information Center and other reports , Jehovah's Witnesses commit suicide at a rate far exceeding (5-10 times greater) the general population."

I believe it. In my congregation I see the faces of many JWs that have that blank stare.... that far away look in their eye.

With the JWs' harsh form of discipline known as disfellowshipping and shunning, could this person of been a victim?

It makes me wonder! The world needs to know!

• d
    d

this makes sad and mad this religion is just sick.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit