Febuary 21 2012 We could make a difference,if we want to. A World Wide Campaign sending letters to Govt. officials,newspapers, to Victoria Australia

by smiddy 92 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Azazel
    Azazel

Received another reply today:

Andrew Elsbury MLC - Thanked me for writing to him and assured me that the Victorian Government has the strongest legislation in Australia to protect children. He supplied me with the name and email address of the Minister in NSW who has child protection in his portfolio and asked me to write him as well.

He concluded that he had full confidence in the hard work and dedication of the Victorian Police and judicial system to ensure this law is enforced.

Az

• Azazel
    Azazel

Another today:

David Morris - thanked me for my letter and agreed that protection of children is a concern for all states and territories of Australia.Thanked me for my time in writing to him. (Bit of a nothing reply but a reply nonetheless and confirms he is aware of the case now)

Az

• smiddy
    smiddy

Awesome Azazel

The fact that so many have so far responded to your letters is very encouraging

smiddy

• Azazel
    Azazel

Thx smiddy its the least i could do for our children. At times in my life i have wished to be filthy rich because i would hire as many QC's as Steve would like.He really is a David verse the Goliath of the WTS.

Az

• Azazel
    Azazel

Todays letter from

Donna Bauer Thanked me for writting to her with my concerns. She agreed that the Vic Governments introduction of the"Working with children Act " is a big step towards protecting children and always more can be done to strengthen this law. She states she is a mother of four children and will always support any action that protects our children.

Again this is the response i was looking for especially a mother herself and she will be aware of the actions of the WTS who had ignored this protective law.

Az

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Congratulations Azazel on receiving responses from Aussie politicians!! Keep writing to remind politicians about protecting children.

I have been busy writing to American politicians, the Secretary of the American Treasury Department (responsible for investigating tax exemptions for Churches), American Civil Liberities Union, and other individuals to change the laws or to challenge the Constitutionality of tax exemptions for dangerous cults masquerading as a religion.

I just wanted to bump this thread because tomorrow is February 21st in Australia. I already sent Steven Unthank a Good-Luck email.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• smiddy
    smiddy

I would like to thank one and all for responding and paticipating in this thread and keeping it to the fore.This being the eve of the next court appearance I too take the opportunity to wish Steven all the best for tomorrows hearing.

I notice too that this thread has been veiwed over 2000 times and comments made from different points on the globe,so whatever the outcome of tomorrows court appearance we can still make our views known,whether it be a favourable or unfavourable decision

smiddy

• Listener
    Listener

Steven Unthank has recieved a letter from the Public Prosecutor today he is intending to take over the case in order to dismiss it. The link is

http://jwnewsnetwork.wordpress.com/2012/02/20/governing-body-of-jehovahs-witnesses-to-escape-judgment-for-crimes/

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

For everyone who thought that challenging the WTBTS would be a sprint instead of a marathon, take a deep breath and start running again! A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. All it takes is one letter out of 100,000+ letters to reach one politician who is in the right frame of mind to understand that the WTBTS is a dangerous cult and not a benevolent and charitible religion. The more thoughtful letters that educate politicians about how the WTBTS has harmed people's lives the more likely that change will occur. It just takes a little work; balancing your life between work, play, and being involved; and commitment to helping others, who are too brainwashed to help themselves.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• sizemik
    sizemik

Well said Robert . . .

Maybe if the motive and focus remains on a genuine desire to help others, especially vulnerable children, instead of "bringing down the WTS", which is often vindictive . . . maybe then things will happen just as you say.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit