Already reminded of the memorial twice this month

by Joey Jo-Jo 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

So the elder who previously conducted my book study reminded me this month during a visit (during field service hours, how nice on them always thinking about me so they can put time on their sheets), he gives me the usual, that the end is close and that he would like to see me at the meetings and asked if I will be coming this which I replied "probably not", but then he went on saying that I "must at least come to the memorial", considering I am living under my jw parents roof I decided to agree with what ever he said rather then asking him were in the bible does it say that the memorial is done once a year and has to be on the exact date? and where does it say that jesus asks all of (if it was literally written for us) us to partake this symbolic gesture every year, and 144,000, rejecting jesus sacrifice, etc.

He is the type of elder who does not study too deep and takes everything the faithfull and discreet slave says at face value, he told me that the bible alone can be used to calculate 607bce, pointing out to him that neither 607 or 582 can be concluded with the bible would be pointless, he gave me the two volume insight into the scriptures that said little about 607bce. He might be an ex-catholic but he has all the dogmatic qualities a practicing catholic has. During one of my last book studies with him I raised the issue that we are all gods children as pointed out in romans, trying not to sound too obvious that there are not two classes, but he couldn't put 2 and 2 together, told me that romans are for the 144,000 only and gave me the what the hell is wrong with you look. He will be changing congragations so I guess I wont be seeing him again and his conditional christian love, I swear when ever he visits me I have never see him without a tie, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that despite what he thinks are good intentions is nothing short from a meaningless approach.

Then mum, the following day said something along the lines that when I go to the memorial at least it wont feel weird because I will have someone to talk to, my patience is running thin. Another "brother" around my age who keeps with minimal contact, at times calls me to see how him going during his preaching (once when I asked him what he was doing he told me he was at field service), or its visiting me during field service hours. Last phone call I asked if he wanted to hang out/watch a movie or something, he was not expecting that (i dont know, isn't that what normal people do? lol), made some excuse and didn't really give me an answer, he never shown'd up, he's another individual that I have never seen without a tie. Oh, and I never was baptised or disfellowshiped.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!
    that he would like to see me at the meetings

As a childhood friend of mine used to say, "so, people in hell want ice water!"

• ziddina
    ziddina

They're starting in rather early with that "Memorial" invite stuff, this year...

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And they complain because Christmas advertisements start early. At least, with Christmas you can gainfully start preparing in August or earlier--less to do at the last minute, more time to make your stupid mistakes while there is time to fix them, less hassle trying to get everything. And Christmas lights look good any time.

The REJECT Jesus Party, on the other hand, is base. What is there to do? You merely show up at the Kingdumb Hell that evening and waste a couple of hours listening to a boring talk, reject Jesus passing stale crackers and spoiled grape juice, and go back home. No gift lists. No cooking. No decorations. No cards. Why do they need to waste all that time preparing? And pious-sneering? Why not, instead, just do what you can without running into hardship?

• cedars
    cedars

I'm not looking forward to going either, but I guess it's a relatively small price to pay just to keep family happy.

Cedars

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

Ok ill go, but if im hungry im eating the bread and wine as snacks.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

An apostate buddy of mine wants to get a group together and everyone will partake. I intend to drink the entire glass when it gets to me. I'll probably pass on the bread though, it looks pretty gross.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit