What About Long Time Witnesses Who Don't get Invited to Zone Meetings........

by BrendaRob 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BrendaRob
    BrendaRob

What About Long Time Witnesses Who Don't get Invited to Zone Meetings.......

We're preparing for another round of Zone Meetings in our area. My GF and her hubby have two daughters. Due to the financial cooperation and support of their parents who are actively preachers of the good news, Both of these young ladies are full pioneers - never worked a day since high school. The kids get invited to the Zone Meeting - the parents don't because they've only been in the truth 10 years. Their girls attended meeting with their grandmother while parents worked. When grandmom passed, parents got the truth. Long story short, the parents don't get to go to the Zone meeting, but the full time pioneer teeny boppers do. How fair is that? First we're admonished to make ALL our meetings -- just not these - only if you're this, or that?

Another thing that grinds my gears. We know some friends who are traveling all the way from California to New York for the celebration of the CO's anniversary. It's a formal affair. Gowns, tuxes, etc. $45.00 per ticket. Invite only. C'mon now - what are we doing here?

• stillin
    stillin

it's a "see and be seen" event. I had feelings of being neglected for a while but I realized that there really was nothing there. Who says that the witnesses don't have clergy class distinctions?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

It's an exclusive PRIVILEGE for the zealous worker bees. This is supposed to make you jealous if you DID NOT qualify and thus you will work harder to qualify to be in the Privileged Class next time.

DOC

• undercover
    undercover

Didn't hear about it being a 'formal affair'.

A JW relative of mine, just a lowly non-pioneer, spinster sister was invited. She hitched a ride with an elder and his wife. She didn't mention it being anything more than a "special" meeting. I was disappointed that she got invited. Gave her that little shot of being special, being included.

I kinda got the impression that so many people were invited that it wasn't much more "special" than a "special assembly day". Sure, you had to have your invite and all that, but once inside, it was the same ole group of people you see at every other assembly or convention. Maybe less kids running 'round underfoot...

• wasblind
    wasblind

Welcome Brendarob :)

Oh well ,to hell with Galations 5:25 "Let us not stir up competition with one another,and envy with one another "

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I kinda got the impression that so many people were invited that it wasn't much more "special" than a "special assembly day".

I'm thinking maybe less than 50% of our congo got "the calling".

Elders, MS, Pios & families, then long time others which would be mostly older sisters, since long time brothers should be ELD or MS

DOC

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

If someone in your congregation was invited or not, it was directly a result of a decision made by your COBE.

Each congregation was sent two tickets for each Elder and Pioneer in the congregation. Each Elder and Pioneer were given first priority. Obviously, some of them are single, or are both an Elder and a Pioneer (4 tickets), or are married to someone who is also an Elder/Pioneer. So, there were several extra tickets in some cases. Who received those tickets? Whoever the Coordinator wanted to give them to. It wasn't micromanaged by The Branch.

This is what my Coordinator told me. I did not accept my ticket. I had better things to do with my weekend.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit