The WTBTS' Claim To Unity And Harmony......Are They Serious?

by JW GoneBad 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

The following quote is from the 'Bearing Thorough Witness' book pg 113 par 14 that will be covered in this week's Congregation Book Bible Study lesson. Thought you might get a chuckle out of these claims:

"Today, harmony of belief and unity of action prevail among Jehovah’s Witnesses, who total some 7,000,000 in well over 100,000 congregations around the earth. How is such unity possible, especially in view of the turmoil and divisive thinking prevalent in today’s world? Principally, unity results from the clear and decisive direction that Jesus Christ, the Head of the congregations, provides through “the faithful and discreet slave,” represented by its Governing Body. (Matt.24:45-48) Unity also results from the way the worldwide brotherhood cooperates willingly with the direction of the Governing Body."

Your observations are welcome.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Well, of COURSE they have "unity and harmony" within their ranks; they conduct witch hunts and inquisitions to root out any and all forms of dissent and questioning, no matter HOW minor and mild!!!

They've got the same "Unity" within THEIR ranks that one would have found in a 1500's Spanish village, or within a troop of Nazi storm troopers....

The Mental Gestapo will GET you, effin' you DON'T WATCH OUT!!!

Zid

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Sickening. More idolization of the disgusting GB. How can JWs stand this anymore?

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

The Nazis were united and very well organized too, numbered in the millions and sure had more than 100,000 some form of units.

So?

EDIT: Zid, I didn't realize initially you posted along the same lines...

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

"The Nazi's were united and well organized", as opposed to the writings of the crazy old guys. Really? The mags have been a floppers paradise when it comes to doctrine. I was looking at that paragraph cited at the beginning of the thread, and instead of GB, I put me. I'm part of the GB so why not just write me. Look how it reads.

"Today, harmony of belief and unity of action prevail among Jehovah's Witnesses, who total some 7,000,000 in well over 100,000 congregations around the earth. How is such unity possible, especially in view of the turmoil and divisive thinking prevalent in today's world? Principally, unity results from the clear and decisive direction that Jesus Christ, the Head of the congregations, provides through "the faithful and discreet slave," represented by me. (Matt.24:45-48) Unity also results from the way the worldwide brotherhood cooperates willingly with my direction."

I mean why not state it that way? Why keep talking/writing about themselves as the third person. Could you imagine if it were stated this way at an assembly?

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

The above quote about harmony and unity especially caught my attention. I was recently at a 2 day assembly where the whiny, bitchy D.O. was telling the audience about the need to accept the decisions handed down by local Elders and the leadership at WTBTS. Apparently there is a great deal of reproach (overall theme of the CA) being brought upon 'Jehovah's' name. He wasn't specific. However, I gather by his statements, Headquarters is getting alot of flack via phone calls to Bethel, letters, emails, etc regarding the many puzzling and unintelligible adustments over the past months and years that the GB have made.

My guess is there are alot of unhappy campers among the R & F over the following changes: The Generation thing, the elimination of the Book Study arrangement, the confusion over Blood Transfusions and Fractions (do we or do we not abstain blood?), the continued harshness of disfellowshipping and shunning, the buying and selling of real estate (should JWs be known as Land Owners or Bible Students), the push for more money (the permanent addition of debit and credit card stations @ Circuit Assembly Halls), the increase in numbers of annointed remnant, the putting down of higher education and the list goes on and on.

Bottom line: Harmony and Unity are greatly lacking among JWs more so today than at any other time in JW history. The above quote in the "Bearing Thorough Witness" book should be updated to read: "Today, the lack of harmony of belief and the lack of unity of action prevail among Jehovah's Witness........"

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

They write it, sell it as a concept so that later they can go back and prove by referenceing the WT mag... see we are united...it says we are!

oz

• harekrishna
    harekrishna

Wow. They have ATM's at circuit assemblies?

• wasblind
    wasblind

I just can't resist puttin' together quotes of the WTS

' Have not Jehovah's Witnwsses made errors in their teaching?_______reasoning book page 136

' Why have there been changes over the years in the teachings of the Jehovah's Witnesses ?________reasoning book page 205

THE BIBLE SHOWS THAT THE APOSTLES HAD CLEAR AND DECISIVE DIRECTION IN THEIR TEACHINGS ALSO???? WHY NOT THE JW'S ????

"unity results from the clear and decisive direction that Jesus Christ, the Head of the congregations, provides through “the faithful and discreet slave,” represented by its Governing Body"

• LoneWolf
    LoneWolf

"Nobody in MY family has head lice! (Mainly because anyone who gets them has his head cut off.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit