watchtower feeding time

by ssn587 3 Replies latest jw friends

• ssn587
    ssn587

had a thought, yeah i know they come every now and then, of how it is that the Wt really feeds the sheep, they are all captive in a pen and the GB is shoveling manure to feed them and they are eating it up only to get indigestion, and yet they want more of it, seems to me that after eating a lifetime of BS from the GB one would wtfu. but no for some it will never happen as they have become acclimated to eating the bs that is feed them. For those that have waken up and jumped the fence so to speak, they find that the grass is truly greener on the other side of the fence, and we have hope that those sitting atop the fence will see that.

• Azazel
    Azazel

ssn587 you really cant believe the BS that people say at the KH. (Im trying to get back in for personal reasons . long story)

One Ubersister answers in the cong bookstudy that as the GB meet every wednesday we in Australia should pray on thursdays for holy spirit for the GB. I swear i almost burst out with a laugh. these people have eaten this shit for so long they even look longingly at the new turds being delivered to them each month.

im really fighting my concience to keep going.

Az

• mauiboy
    mauiboy

Do what you must, but in my experience if your conscience is well-trained by high morals; you should listen to it.

• I quit!
    I quit!

I've never figure out why people stay with it so long. It is hard for me to understand why I did. For some I think it is like McDonalds. The food isn't great but you get the same thing anywhere you go. You can be lazy, you never have to think about what to order. You just say "I'll take a number 3" or whatever. If you eat there regularly I think the last thing you would want to do would be to investigate their ingredients. High sodium, high fat, chemicals, the slaughter houses... best to just listen to their commercials that tell you how much fun it is to eat the crap.

Some of the reasons witnesses sit on the fence so long are:

Fear of the world. They have been constantly told that there is no where else to go.

Many avoid questioning out of the fear of where it would lead and what would happen. Every Jdub knows any doubts expressed out loud can have serious consequences in this loving organization.

Ego is another reason. Leaving the Watchtower would involve admitting you were wrong and believed a lot of stupid childish ideas. Not an easy thing to do when you've spent your entire life strutting around telling everyone else that they wrong and you had all the answers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit