Update

by truthseeker1969 4 Replies latest watchtower bible

• truthseeker1969
    truthseeker1969

As many of you are aware the Elders visited my sister and asked her (a non witness) to ask me not to contact my Mother (a dedicated believer).

Lo and behold, they went were angels fear to tread and spoke with my Mother who in turn asked them to show her from scripture where a baptized person who was disfellowshipped and had it reversed was a threat to anyone?

As far as she was concerned they were 'sheperding" (i call it fishing) and asked where I lived as they would like to contact me, hmmm a flight to the US would be theraputic. She denied there request for the information.

They told her they were looking out for her spiritual well being. What I find interesting is that she has been talking to me for 17 years and the old goat is unshakeable in her belief!

What they do not understand it seems is that there are those of us who saw with our own eyes and did not like. We leave them alone ( the vast majority) never speak badly about them and yet they do so much to rip us apart.

I honestly believe they are now scared of their own shadow!

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Sounds like meddling elders with nothng better to do! They are ticked off at mum for talking to you? They are ticked off at you that you still talk to mum? Are the elders a-n-g-r-y that they can't control mum's or your relationship?

Skeeter

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

You were disfellowshipped, but had it reversed. Was the disfellowshipping rescinded, or did you get reinstated?

Either way, why would the elders care if you talk with your mother?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

The 'Elders'(TM) are 'company men' and are acting in the interests of a pyramid business posing as a religion.

Of course they probably don't know this and think Jehovah(TM) made them do it!

• truthseeker1969
    truthseeker1969

I was disfellowshipped because I refused to attend their meeting, then the two made the story up admitted they had made a "mistake" and it was recinded about two months later...not sure what the statement made was to the congo.

They asked to meet with me but never attempted to make an apology but told me not to discuss it, I regardless still spoke to and told everyone what was said and done and that proper procedure was not followed and named the two who made the accusation.

Now they discovered i moved and have tried in their way to stop my family talking to me as I am "spiritually weak" for not attending meetings.

If anything, I encourage them to continue as they are truly happy being in the congregation and they know I have never said anything negative about the org etc but do not trust them

My mother is old school "respect me or else" and ha forgotten more than they will know about the bible hence the shifting round the family but not to her until last. She wasnt rude but showed them letters which I have sent showing that I have nothing against and encourage her

I have asked for an apology but never got one, but now the congregation know that the spirit does not work in quasi committees period

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit