Free Will....y

by snare&racket 7 Replies latest jw friends

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

If you unknowingly went back in time 5 hours and relived that time... would everything that took place, take place again?

Would you make the same decisions?

You would make the same choices, for the same reason you made them in the first place.

How can you punish someone for making a decision they were always going to make?

You see where I am going with this right.......

(for the americans reading..... its Eden) xx jokes lol xx

Snare x

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

for the americans reading..... its Eden) xx jokes lol xx

Hey now!

FS

• kazar
    kazar

True, true.

• Londo111
    Londo111

If any mechanism of our decision-making has even a toehold in the quantum realm, the uncertainty principle would seem to indicate some of our decisions may be different each time. Of course, I am speculating. But since we have a 5-hour time machine already, my speculation is as good as any other. :)

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

LOL Londo 111...... fantastic answer

Sorry FS xxxx twas a tease :P x

• AGuest
    AGuest
    If you unknowingly went back in time 5 hours and relived that time... would everything that took place, take place again?

If everything that preceded it, preceded it again, in the exact same way, timeframe, pattern, etc., I would say yes, dear S&R (peace to you!).

Would you make the same decisions?

I would think that it also depends on something you've left out: whether you knew then (after going back) what you know now (before going back). In which case, I think the results are 50/50 that you would do the same thing. 50% you would... if you're happy with "now", and 50% you wouldn't if you aren't. And if one didn't know, one would most probably make the exact same decision... unless, again, other variables changed... even to the slightest degree. In which case, there's no way of knowing. Because making the same decision with changed variables can change the outcome.

You would make the same choices, for the same reason you made them in the first place.

If every aspect of that "reason" still existed, I would say yes.

How can you punish someone for making a decision they were always going to make?

If it was a bad decision, one detrimental to, say another life, what difference does it make whether they were always going to make it or not? For example, John Wayne Gacy was always going to kill all those men, by your example. Does that mean the state should have withheld punishment (and I don't necessarily mean the death penalty) simply because he was always going to make the decision to kill them anyway?

You see where I am going with this right.......

I'm not sure. I think I do, but I can't see how you're gonna get there with this argument, so...

(for the americans reading..... its Eden) xx jokes lol xx

Ahhh, yes, I thought that was "where" you were going - LOLOL! Not sure you're on the right train for that destination, though...

Again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

Eh... I dunno... maybe the only difference would be I would have chosen something other than Arby's for dinner...

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

didn't take it wrong

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit