Think this was from a JW?

by TweetieBird 9 Replies latest jw friends

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

http://gma.yahoo.com/mich-residents-receive-letter-calling-christmas-lights-pagan-194443043.html

Tried to make it to where you can click on it but my mac won't let me.

• lilbluekitty
    lilbluekitty

At first I thought it was but I squinted and it said something about Yeshua, JWs call him Jesus so I doubt it but it sure sounds like something they would do!

• ex360shipper
    ex360shipper

More likely one of those "new militant athiests" we have heard about in the WT.

• finallysomepride
  • Azazel
    Azazel

I think i know who published it , ive met a few of this religions people in the past. Nice enough but in a high control cult too.

They call themselves the Commonwealth of Israel

www.twelvetribes.org

Az

• blondie
    blondie

Herbert W. Armonstrong views on Christmas

Even the lighting of fires and candles as a Christmas ceremony is merely a continuation of the pagan custom, encouraging the waning sun-god as he reached the lowest place in the southern skies!

Read more: http://www.bibletools.org/index.cfm/fuseaction/Library.sr/CT/HWA/k/464#ixzz1gvzKB0zg I have seen independent Protestant churches that do not celebrate Christmas. Plus the Puritans came over here and no Christmas...that changed over time.

• Night Owl
    Night Owl

Since when have JW'S used the term 'pagan-sun god'?

You must stop looking under the bed.

There are no JW's under it.

Night Owl

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

And just like the JW's, they got laughed off lol.

How do they know that some of their neighbors AREN'T Pagan and that lights, wreaths, Yule Logs, Mistletoe, etc aren't a part of their celebration? They could have just inadvertently offended a bunch of Pagans by trying to make it look as if Paganism is a BAD thing. Considering it's been around LONGER than Christmas, what's the problem?? You don't see Pagans canvassing neighborhoods and telling Christians to take down their lights and decorations because they're desecrating the Winter Solstice by turning it into a Christian thing, do you? Then shut the hell up lol.

• guess211
    guess211

'pagan-sun god'????

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread
    On Wednesday night, residents of Vintage Drive found a letter attached to their mailboxes suggesting that anyone with Christmas lights or decorations should re-think their beliefs, becauseChristmas displays honor the "Pagan Sun-God" and do not pertain to the birth of Jesus, according to ABC News affiliate WZZM.
    I think this is what he is referring to. JDW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit