From the days of John the Baptist the Heavenly Kingdom is the Goal!

by Kosonen 3 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

When studying with the JW:s every body learns that the smalest in God's Kingdom is greater than John the baptist. That we have learned means that John the baptist will not go to heaven. And that every servant of Jehovah prior to John the baptist will neither go to heaven. But instead they will have the wonderful reward of everlasting life here on earth.

But while studying about this surely no JW has pointed out the real message in this context. Look here what Jesus says:

Truly I say to YOU people, Among those born of women there has not been raised up a greater than John the Baptist; but a person that is a lesser one in the kingdom of the heavens is greater than he is. But from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of the heavens is the goal toward which men press, and those pressing forward are seizing it. Mathew 11:11,12

Also in Luke 16:16 Jesus says: “The Law and the Prophets were until John. From then on the kingdom of God is being declared as good news, and every sort of person is pressing forward toward it.

So, do you want to press forward toward the Kingdom of God, the heavenly kingdom, toward the opportunity which was opened only after John the Baptist? I think every JW has thought about the possibility to become one of the 144000. But of course it seems almost impossible, because the number is so small. But you should not feel discouraged.

Jesus told a parallell to tell how hard it is for Jehovah God to fill all the 144000 seats in his kingdom. Luke 14:15-24:

On hearing these things a certain one of the fellow guests said to him: “Happy is he who eats bread in the kingdom of God.” Jesus said to him: “A certain man was spreading a grand evening meal, and he invited many. And he sent his slave out at the hour of the evening meal to say to the invited ones, ‘Come, because things are now ready.’ But they all in common started to beg off. The first said to him, ‘I bought a field and need to go out and see it; I ask you, Have me excused.’ And another said, ‘I bought five yoke of cattle and am going to examine them; I ask you, Have me excused.’ Still another said, ‘I just married a wife and for this reason I cannot come.’ So the slave came up and reported these things to his master. Then the householder became wrathful and said to his slave, ‘Go out quickly into the broad ways and the lanes of the city, and bring in here the poor and crippled and blind and lame.’ In time the slave said, ‘Master, what you ordered has been done, and yet there is room.’ And the master said to the slave, ‘Go out into the roads and the fenced-in places, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled. For I say to YOU people, None of those men that were invited shall have a taste of my evening meal.’”

• designs
    designs

Those passages in the Gospels highlight the anti-semetic tone that develops throughout the New Testament. I also exposes the ignorance of speaker and the writer of these passages in the Gospels about Jewish beliefs..

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Thank you for that fine, upbuilding encouragement Jan Kosonen! Now I have hope, that maybe if I spend the rest of my life preaching the "good news", in perpetual judgment of everyone who doesn't accept it, while living a life of fanatical asceticism, not believing in the evil Trinity, or the insidious doctrine of hellfire, or the Satanic belief that Jesus is God, never getting laid, jerking off, or having a wet dream, I actually have the chance to beat out 200,000,000 martyrs who were actually killed in the name of Christ and get a ticket to heaven! Oh the Undeserved Kindness!! What a wonderful God Jehovah!! Praise his name to all eternity!

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

And by the way, for the losers who get to spend eternity on earth, what happens to them when the sun eventually explodes like every other star, and the "heavens depart like a scroll being rolled up"? (Isaiah 34:4)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit