First Christmas Present

by EmptyInside 8 Replies latest jw friends

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

And I opened it up too early. I didn't know I was supposed to wait until the 25th. Oh,well,I was just going to start small with sending out cards this year. And I was surprised to receive a gift in the mail. I was truly touched,but was scolded a little when I thanked them for my gift. Next year,wait until Christmas morning,lol.

• dgp
    dgp

This is all I can give you, Empty, but you can open it anytime you wish.

Merry Christmas!

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Thank you,Merry Christmas to you too. I must confess,still feels weird to me saying it.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

Yay! So glad you at least got ONE present for your first Christmas!

We decided to exchange some of our gifts early... Still saving ONE gift each for Christmas . He was REALLY happy with his 3 gifts and I was REALLY happy with mine!! Started using them right away

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Part of my sister's gift and my neighbor's gift are generous portions of Junior's Cheesecake from Brooklyn. Most true cheesecake lovers in the NY deli type believe there is no better than Junior's. I had a Social Security training class in Brooklyn and the group made a decision to travel far to Junior's/ It sounded too far away but people assured me it was worth the trip. It was worth 10x the trip. Manhattan people used to make long trips for a single slice.

When Grand Central was renovated, Juniors set up a little post of cheesecake civilization.

It is a long time to Christmas with Junior's cheesecake sitting in my refigerator. I'm telling myself that only I have the sophistication to enjoy a Junior's Cheesecake. Wondering whether Junior's is a Bethel thing. Not indulging is a struggle. Too late to replace it.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I started working clerical jobs during high school. The thrill of having some discretionary money was so special. I bought Christmas presents for my entire family. I worked for a discount clothing store, Ohrbach's. I did not know sizes so I estimated. My mom got a flannel nightgown, my brother a Aran type sweater, and my sister a frisbee. My father had me in a dither. He was known to thrown and demolish gifts he did not like. My mom bought him one of the first transistor radios and it was smashed in a tirade lasting days. He died before Christmas. I felt bad that I had no ready gift ready. Only my sister's frisbee was a correct size. The big gift was to myself. Food items disappeared quickly. I purchased a fruit cake and hid it in my room so I would have it.

II've since bought presents from uber luxury stores but nothing is as precious to me as those first gifts. We weren't celebrating Christmas yet but that was not going to stop me. Shopping for the gifts made me feel so mature. The little job after school was boring! It let me have alternatives to hand me downs. I first became a low end clothes horse. The little stream of money meant I could see the Stones, WHO at Madsion Square Garden and Clapton, Airplane, etc. at Filmore EAst.

I have no idea what people first gave me.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I've been lax with the not-open-until-xmas thing. I didn't know it existed either, and I'm still getting used to the idea. I still find the whole xmas thing to be a foreign tradition!

I've been given a gift for xmas and the giver insisted I wait until xmas before I open it, so it's been put in a safe place where I won't be seeing it everyday, so that I won't be tempted.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Rookie mistake. Just wrap it up again and then unwrap it on the 25th and act surprised. I don't think you were "scolded", more of an FYI.

I think we're going to let the kids pick one present to open on the 24th so that they don't explode. Or maybe just get to empty their stockings on the 24th. Not sure yet. It's mostly up to them how they want to do it. But Santa is definitely bringing a couple things on xmas eve.

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

Rememeber it's like the Vegas Saying............

What goes under the Tree STAYS Under the Tree till Xmas..... (you probably need a tree)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit