ran into jw

by dogisgod 2 Replies latest jw experiences

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

I stopped at a coffee shop yesterday and coming out was a pod of jws in the service. I hadknown several of them. The gal driving is the daughter of a jw who was a very close friend of mine who lives out of the area now. She seemed very glad to see me and we spoke for a while. It happpens the circuit overseer is in the big Tahoe for that day. She told me that they had a new Kingdm Hall and invited me to the talk sunday. I told her to tell her mom that I loved her. We parted. I wonder if she got a lecture about talking to "inactive" ones. when I see those that I loved back in the day I still love the good things about them. I treat them well and with respect. I would not have any problem being in a discussion and I think that the higher position men have the more they must know what a sham it is. I'd love to talk with him....especially when he doesn't have an audience. Anyway, it's just kind of bitter sweet.

• ex360shipper
    ex360shipper

The CO probably will mention you in the final talk Sunday.

"Jehovah blessed our ministry in many ways this week. Yes even during one of our coffee breaks, we encountered one of our Lord's 'little sheep' who had strayed away. She was told of our glorious new kingdomhall and invited to attend our meeting today. Hopefully she is hear right now benefiting from our program."

excuse me while I go vomit.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

ex360shipper, I HATED when they used those examples! I mean, how would the person feel if they were in fact in the audience listening?? I would feel put upon being mentioned in front of hundreds, maybe THOUSANDS, of people...and of course, the dub who related the experience would just HAVE to let everyone know who it was. This happened one year when a family member of mine placed a book outside the convention with a passerby. The next day, she came (albeit, she was seemingly homeless and in a very tattered and nasally-offending dress) and this family member was so excited to introduce her to everyone...and when the experience was related from the platform, everyone knew it was the stinky homeless lady. Nothing like making someone a spectacle.

dogisgod, I hardly ever ran into JW's after leaving (before I moved). Once in awhile I crossed paths with a couple because they worked for the same company as I did...and one time my mom had to drive me somewhere but didn't want to use her car, she was out in field circus and the group came to pick me up. What an awkward 15 minutes that was...

But, I did have some that I truly cared about and liked. I would make baked goods and send them along with my mom for the group when they met for FS. I think it weirded my mom out that I was still a good and caring person, even though I was an "apostate"... I didn't fit the "foaming rabid" profile lol.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit