Mini Shephearding Call!!! Nice!

by tresdecu 4 Replies latest jw friends

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

...while I was on the couch drinking coffee and surfing JWD..;-) It was an Elder and MS, trying to 'encourage' us to be a little more regular. (I told him I'm fine, I get enough fiber in my diet...haha ok dumb joke)

I chatted with them for a few, exchanged some pleasantries, told them I've been havining some "medical" issues lately and that I appreciated their concern. I can't blam them too much, as I used to be on the other side of the door once upon a time.

It's funny it was about 10:40 am, so I think I was a little fluf call in between d 2 d and a coffee break. lol. Funny how I only get a visit when they are on the clock...again I used to be the same. so not trying to be too judgemental, many of us were 'trained' with the same ridiculous mind set of helping the spiritually weak ones. Still weird that I am one of those now.

Hope you all have a good weekend...may you 'faders' out there and those of the 'concious class' find a good excuse to skip meeting tomorrow and watch some football! ;-)

And to those who have already permanantly escaped ummm "Luckyyy" (said in the tone of Napoloeon Dynomite)

ps would love to have spell check before a post! lol

Later

TD

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Dunno they meet here for the ministry the last few saturdays (Grrr) all I get is funny looks and pleasantries, not even the PO strays beyond this line and bothers to ask me anything. Makes me wonder whats going on. My last meeting was the memorial.

• ex360shipper
    ex360shipper

LOL! I live out of the territory so all I get is a text message! Plus if anyone steps on my property they have a big ass dog running their way real fast and if he doesnt bite but if you don't know him he is intimidating enough to make you jump back in the car fast.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

my old congregations don't know where i am & probably don't care

• red21
    red21

I started fading after I voluntarily stepped down. They didn't want me to, I was getting close to being an elder, but, I could not get up on the stage in good conscience when I knew my marriage was on the rocks and I hated going to the meetings and out in service. Fortunately, the congregation was splitting and moving to new locations...I had a few calls but for the most part they seemed to either overlook me or just stopped worring about it. No more calls so far in a long long long long time! I would just continue to fade to any out there and just don't be obvious about anything if you want to stay on good terms with most JWs. I send out Holiday cards, just not to any JWs. I buy Christmas presents, but just not for any JWs. I don't put up a tree so no one would know. I vote in elections but no self respecting JW would be anywhere near a polling station! haha Actually, I have been amazed how I NEVER run into any of them at stores or the mall...almost never. I have run into a few DF'd and I immediately walk up and say hi to them! There is a great deal of freedom not being under the control of a few men! I am more relaxed in life and far less stressed than I was. Also, as a JW, you NEVER feel as if you are doing enough....NOT ANY MORE!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit