few-clues-in-arson-at-jehovah-witness-kingdom-hall

by oppostate 9 Replies latest social current

• oppostate
  • ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Although I condemn the WTBTS as being a dangerous cult, nothing justifies destroying someone elses property. Burning KH's will only help the WTBTS fan the passions of JWs to feel persecuted and loyal to the WTBTS.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• oppostate
    oppostate
    I agree with you Robert about not doing harm to anyone or their property.

It's reminiscent of what Paul said about "robbing temples" and teaching not to steal.

To burn another's place of worship seems rather barbaric in this day and age.

But then again considering what's been happening between Shi'a and Sunni in Iraq
    with the bombing of mosques one has to wonder... When will the nonsense stop?
  • JeffT
    JeffT

There's a good chance this has nothing to do with JW's. Arsonists frequently burn something because it is a convenient place to start a fire. They don't care what they're burning.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

It's not the destruction of property that bothers me. It is the chance that a firefighter or anyone else may be injured that is repugnant to me.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

There was an arson attack on a Mormon hall down our way just a few short years ago. Turned out to be a mormon teen with an axe to grind...

just saying...insider job???

I personaly don't see them as 'somebodies property'. They are houses of evil propaganda of a pshycopathic corporation...most local jdubs dont own them anymore

Oz

• bnybyt
    bnybyt

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't "all" Kingdom Halls insured by Momma WT herself?

If so, betcha that if there was a chain of these throughout several places the WT would be going to the insurance companies real soon.

Even then, the possible harm and threat to responders isn't worth the delight of seeing the ol' gal WTB&TS take the fall on a few hundred$ of thousand$.

• stillin
    stillin

I know a couple of people at hata. I astold that there was plastic, but very reaistic handgun left behind by the culprit(s). Most likely stupid kids who never actually earned anything in their lives...

• JAFO
    JAFO
    ABible Student: nothing justifies destroying someone elses property.

I disagree...

Years ago, members of the Sea Shepherd organisation (the same group that harass Japanese whaling ships) destroyed all the equipment at a Norwegian whaling station during the off-season, when there were no people there. On another occasion, they sank an unmanned whaling ship in a South American port. Both instances were perfectly justified, in my not-so-humble opinion.

• designs
    designs

On the Evening News a report of Arson and Hate Crime against a San Diego Kingdom Hall. The report said that so much gasoline was used that it actually prevented it from catching fire.

This is not just criminal but genuinely a Hate Crime.

I hope they catch the person or persons responsible. These heinous acts can paint all xJWs by the Witnesses and the Watchtower leaders.

Its not our way I know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit