Bloodguilty?

by Retrovirus 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

Hi All,

Such a scary expression! The thread on Theocratic terms reminded me of this one. I searched and found this thread, which answered some of my questions, but still have some questions. Thanks in advance for any help!

1. The term "bloodguilty" has been used by jws that I know several times. However, I've not seen it in any publications. Is this because the wt avoids using it, or because my reading is limited?

2. What crime(s) make a jw "bloodguilty"? Is it something contributing to murder or manslaughter, covering up sin in the congregation (ie not ratting someone out), permitting a blood transfusion, slackness in field service? Any others?

3. Can a non-jw be bloodguilty?

4. If a jw believes s/he is BG, does this mean that s/he loses their hope of surviving the big A? What must they do to get back into Yahweh's good books?

Thanks again, Retro

• N.drew
    N.drew

The doctrine teaches that all are blood guilty except those faithful ones who flee to the "city of refuge" which is the Watchtower Organization. So number 3 is yes.

The doctrine of blood guiltiness is published. I remember studying it. I don't remember in what publication it is found in.

I remember one opinion is blood guilty can be applied to people who speed over the limit even if no one is hit.

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

I sat in the KH listening to an older elder give a public talk about blood transfusions. He said that if you accept a blood transfusion, you are bloodguilty. Furthermore, if you are not doing -all you can- to tell others that they should refuse blood transfusions, you are also bloodguilty due to your failure to do everything you could.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I am finishing this great book on antisemitism and Christianity by Carroll, Constantine's Sword. The focus in on the crazy church teaching that Jews have blood guilt for the death of Jesus. It is excellent but not an easy read. Of course, it is a bit funny b/c I grabbed it in the public library, thiking it was a bio of Constantine. Constantine plays a small part.

Do the Witnesses teach the Jews are bloodguilty? The book has deeply affected me. I suppose a Witness version of bloodguilt may be more extreme. Part of me wishes I have never read the book. So many of my favorite church fathers were boldly, disgustingly antisemitic. I suppose I just read their works on a few topics that interested me. Augustine's Confessions has been a favorite book. I can never read this theology in the same light as before.

I suspect that blood guilt means just not that another religion is wrong but that the curse is racial. All Jews are evil vs. Present believers in Judaism are wrong or 1st century Jews were wrong.

Do I have blood guilt in the Witnesses eyes for being an apostate?

• N.drew
    N.drew
    Do I have blood guilt in the Witnesses eyes for being an apostate?

Yes, everyone but faithful (to the organization) Jehovah's Witnesses are blood quilty according to the doctrine of Jehovah's Witnesses.

• pontoon
    pontoon

They go as far as saying if you don't sieze an oppuntunity to witness to a person (that would have accepted the truth) and they die at Armgeddon YOU ARE bloodguilty. Stupid right? In effect they are saying the spirit, Jeh, Jesus, angels have no other way to bring the truth to this potential witness but you.

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

Thank you all! Worse than I thought. Accourding to N. Drew, then, every non-jw, even if s/he has not heard the "good news" is bloodguilty.

And, any jw that was a bit slack in "service", and missed someone who might have "come to the truth" is bloodguilty too.

I'd be surprised if anyone makes it through Armageddon!

• N.drew
    N.drew
    Thank you all! Worse than I thought. Accourding to N. Drew , then, every non-jw, even if s/he has not heard the "good news" is bloodguilty.

It's not "according to me". according to me it's not true. I have found that the worse doctrine of JWs is that the Governing Body has the means of salvation. It's not true.

According to N.drew the Society teaches every one not accepting the "good news" as they tell it is bloodguilty according to them.

I have nothing to do with their doctrine of blood guiltiness. I just said what I remember they taught me. I don't believe it. I didn't believe it then. It just doesn't make sense.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

The WT is more than bloodguilty according to Matthew 23:13

"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the kingdom of heaven in men's faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to."

The WT may have single handedly created more atheists and doubters than Richard Dawkins, Christopher Hitchens, and Sam Harris combined.

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

N.Drew, I understand your position and sorry for my lack of clarity (perhaps I shouldn't post at work )

NRFG,The WT is more than bloodguilty according to Matthew 23:13

Yes, that's what I think also. They have created may atheists and doubters. They have required their members to believe contradictory doctrines that threaten their lives and those of their families, and then changed them with the facile explanation of "new light".

The wt governing body and their "advisors" - or perhaps their owners - are massively bloodguilty.

But the believers are the ones that experience the guilt.

Retro

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit