Told the mother we celebrate birthdays today!

by lurkernomore 4 Replies latest jw experiences

• lurkernomore
    lurkernomore

So today I go and see my mother after a day at work and she tells me my Oma phoned her from Germany a couple days ago. It was shortly after that I just dropped in that I sent her some flowers earlier that day for same day delivery. It's her 81st birthday!

Funny enough my mother remembers it's her birthday as a year earlier she accompanied us to her 80th although a fully 'in' JW. She can't however be bothered to acknowledge my birthday a mere two weeks previous, funny that.

She goes on to say: 'Do you celebrate birthdays now then?' To which I simply answer that I don't see anything wrong with it :o lol. The subject is quickly changed...by her.

I've been waiting for this quite some time as we've now been faded for the best part of 8 months and made it abundantly clear we no longer believe it's the truth. Sad thing is she's probably too scared to aproach the elders about my paganism as she's too keen to be involved in her grandchildren's lives.

It's very interesting to see how my family have reacted in comparison to so many others on here. It seems that my mother in particular has made a point of not rocking the boat, yet still seems surprised that after such a long time were not still following wt doctrine. I mean why the hell would we restrict ourselves in the things we do now that we have finally found our freedom? It makes no sense.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Lnm you are lucky!!!
  • lurkernomore
    lurkernomore

For now I guess.

We also live in a fairly small community and have been amazed at how little we've been bothered by elders and others from the hall.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam
    Good for you. Enjoy life :)
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Double lucky!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit