Does WTS promotes child abuse?

by trueblue 5 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• trueblue
    trueblue

I could not beleive my ears one Sunday in a public talk when the speaker was stating and brought up scripture that "all scriptures are inspired of God and benificial for teaching" stating that Gods law before mans law and the government says that you can not spank kids but the bible says "spare the rod spoil the child".

The speaker did not come right out and say you have to spank kids but that would be the way a child abuser would take it don't you think?

Also sounds like they are mocking the government and the law of the land...

I don't know is it just me or did it give me flashbacks? The speach sure upset me...

• cedars
    cedars

What the speaker failed to say openly has been repeated in the Society's publications for years. The official line remains that physical discipline of children is sometimes required. There are arguments as to whether spanking is tantamount to child abuse in its most serious form, and I am the least qualified to lead such a debate because I am not a father. However, what the speaker was insinuating from the platform is a widely held Witness belief the last time I checked.

Cedars

• cofty
    cofty

JW attitude to hitting children is disgusting. It is to be hoped that there will be incidents that can be prosecuted by the police.

When I was young it was common to see parents strike their children in public, that would never happen now without somebody intervening or reporting the adult. - I live in the UK where it is illegal to hit a child with any object such as a slipper or belt and you can be prosecuted if you hit a child with your hand and it leaves a visible mark.

• jay88
    jay88

It's a problem among Black folk,....

You know something is wrong when you hear, that it is better to disciple him/her now through (beatings/whippings),... then the beating he/she would receive later in the streets or jail.

How about disciple through intelligence and patience?

• trueblue
    trueblue

Like cofty said JW's attitude to hitting children is digusting,

My younger brother and I was having bible studies, we were acting up because the duble life JW friends up the street were influincing us even that was no excuse that we were bad, but the bible teacher told us that if we did not make a comment the next time he was going to whip us, so brother and I hid in the bushes.

I thought for awhile when I was starting to be brain washed that the bible teacher should have told us that it is important to study when your young although your young is the reason you don't want to study but it is important to study when your young because your young mind absorbs information like a sponge.

In any case, it is better to reward for doing good with children. I don't think you need to hit them, it only makes them mad. They might mind for a little while but pay backs are a MF'er.

I heard this bible teacher is in another country keeping kids in line... His own kids in the states will not have anything to do with him...

• steve2
    steve2

Yet, back in Bible times using physical force against your (disobedient) child was approved behavior. A religion truly does not recommend itself by saying it teaches what's in the Bible. Hell the Bible is a veritable blood-bath, with dubious statements that reflect Jehovah's genocidal rages among other atrocities. We live in far more enligntened times and focus more on human rights, including those of the child.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit