Jehovah does not intervene to prevent Satan's system to appear successful...

by NVR2L8 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

A while ago I read a thread that quoted a WT publication saying that Jehovah doesn't protect or intervene in human affairs to avoid making things appear like Satan is right in regards to the sovereignty issue...can anyone provide the source of this quotation?

Thanks

• new2jwn
    new2jwn

I've heard that too - seems like it came up at a recent meeting.

If that were true, though, what about the supposed flood? What about confusing the languages at Babel? What about Sodom and Gemorrah? Why all the intervention?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And, why is it that every time society is close to becoming totally free, something always happens to derail mankind's freedom and plunge us into another Dark Ages? That happened when Jehovah brought Plato to destroy freedom for mankind. It happened when Jehovah caused the Catholic church to enslave mankind, even with the doctrinal errors that were within the Catholic church. And, this time when the Internet is threatening to prevent the coming mass human enslavement, Jehovah is going to close the curtain and enable the governments, as flawed as they are, to successfully enslave mankind.

And this time, mankind will not be able to see it clearly. People will be reduced to mindless drills and training to be slaves, then 30 years of slavery before being slaughtered. The near-escapes will simply be edited out, save for mention that mankind almost ruined the earth and Jehovah saved us from doing that.

A side note: Jesus did all he could to free us from Jehovah, and paid for the attempt with his life (at Jehovah's hands). And Jehovah made sure that Jesus' teachings were distorted so no one in the future would benefit. Rather than Jesus freeing us from Jehovah, we now see Jesus helping Jehovah to enslave us. Were Jesus' true undistorted teachings to have survived, mankind would have found them and broke free from Jehovah and his rubbish. Thus, Jehovah needed to tamper with Jesus' teachings so mankind would never be able to become free and stay that way.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Thanks every one...I am trying to locate the publication where the quote was taken from. I believe it is a study book use recently. Anyone?

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

God either wants to eliminate bad things and cannot, or can but does not want to, or neither wishes to nor can, or both wants to and can. If he wants to and cannot, then he is weak - and this does not apply to god. If he can but does not want to, then he is spiteful - which is equally foreign to god's nature. If he neither wants to nor can, he is both weak and spiteful, and so not a god. If he wants to and can, which is the only thing fitting for a god, where then do bad things come from? Or why does he not eliminate them? - Riddle of Epicurus

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit