Taxation by Citation...............................

by Judge Dread 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Judge Dread
  • SixofNine
    SixofNine

one of my pet peeves.

and the most onerously regressive of taxes.

• watson
    watson

I feel my blood pressure rising..

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Here in Jersey, the NJ motor vehicles used to inspect cars yearly.

They went to 2 or 4 years, and now only inspect the cars computer and emissions.

they average person think they're OK if they pass.

well, down the street police will check at random (nice days) for broken lamps, rust, tire wear, etc etc etc.

they will issue without remorse or warning a $$$$$$ fine.

These police officers are making $120-$150k a year, and have to keep themselves employed. why not steal from the poor?

I could go on for my disdain for these crooks............. would it not be easier to get rid of them? we don't need a police state

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Worst Public Relations strategy in history. Law Enforcement officials have made themselves Public Enemy #1. Everyone hates a cop.

Think about it. Have you ever really needed a cop? I've never called them for assistance. All my dealings but one have been negative, when I accidentally locked my keys in a rental car on vacation. A cop driving by noticed me working with a coat hanger (maybe he thought I was stealing the car?) and stopped and produced a "slim jim" to open the door. Nice young cop in a small southern town. Most other involvement with cops has cost me money.

DOC

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

Many years ago, a missing license plate, a broken taillight, a burned out bulb was a fix-it ticket. Now, it's accompanied by a fine.

For many people, a $300+ ticket is a full weeks wage.

I know the city that the article does not name. I live very close to it, but I know what type of game they play over there, so I just drive around their "checkpoints".

JDW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit