This Sounds like JWs!

by NoRegrets 9 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• NoRegrets
    NoRegrets

Parents that handed their kids off to another congregation member for a beating? A 15 year old boy they suspected of smoking? Sounds like witnesses! Anyone from the CA area have any better news information?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/11/parents-had-man-beat-child_n_1141957.html

NR

• trueblue
    trueblue

I am not from CA area nore do I have info for you... Sorry

But I was thinking about asking sometime if others on this forum have been beaten by other JW's other than their own parents. I remember after my Mother left my abusive father I was just starting to feel a releaf that I wasn't going to be beaten anymore and this fat witness lady that always wore a house dress to the meetings grabbed me while I was playing at a party and beat me, I learned real quick to never get with in her reach again, but it did something to me, I noticed when I thought about the incodent I would hear birdies and started noticing more as time went on that I would hear the birdies, the birdies are gone now about forty years later but just now realize why I was hearing the birdies. It was because I was very angry about it, and when something else made me the least bit angry I would hear the birdies again, and that is why I beat up all the bullys in school.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I was raised at a time where any adult could whoop a kid. You know the whole, "it takes a village" deal. I don't remember being whooped by anyone other than my parents & teachers though. When I was a tween I once babysat for a family in my hall that had 3 boys. I don't know what they did, but I whooped them. Later I heard their mom tell my mom, "tell Serenity she is not allowed to whoop my kids!" That's why I didn't like babysitting. I don't wanna be responsible for any kid I can't discipline.

• trueblue
    trueblue

They don't let teachers spank kids now either, but just remembering one time I got a spanking by the principle, he could not make me cry because my dad would spank me again if I cried so I got to were I could block out pain. Well any way the principle spanked me with a ruler and I laughed so he stuck two rulers together and I still laughed so he got out a yard stick and spanked me and I laughed and he really was getting angry and broke the yard stick on my rear and about that time as he put the two peices of yard stick together I was getting tired of it and pretended that the two peices of yard stick really hurt so he would stop the nonesense.

At another school I knew I had a spanking coming from a princible and knew he had a big pattle with holes in it and that would really hurt, so I put a comic book in my shorts and he started spanking me, only I forgot to cry so he investigated and found the comic book and did I really get it then.

It was shortly after that that they stopped the spankings in schools.

It was only a couple years ago I seen a girl at the KH take her boy in to the ladies room and you could hear it all over the KH. I did not see the boy do anything and I reported it to the DHS. I never heard anything but noticed the boys were not at the meetings for awhile.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I never understood the kids who wouldn't cry. My parents whooped us with leather belts, and my mom would whoop us till she got tired. It hurt forreal.

• NoRegrets
    NoRegrets

I guess I was never beat by anyone else, but I received about the worst beating of my life because of a phone call from a "sister". I went to school with her son who cried all the time which was unacceptable for 4th graders. Needless to say, we did tease him a lot. Anyway, his mom called our house to confront me about it and I had to apologize to him. Incidentally, his dad was an unbeliever. Anyway, before the phone call was even over I could hear the jingle of my dad's belt and KNEW WHAT THAT MEANT. Except this time, he was hotter with anger at me than I could remember. His dad left when my dad was young, so he always had that chip on his shoulder. Anyway, he related with the kid I was teasing as a fellow "fatherless boy" even though the kid's dad was among the living, just not a JW. Anyway, I got beat so hard I had bright purple bruises on my butt the width of his heavy work belt for at least a week.

NR

• steve2
    steve2

So is the story actually about JWs or are you speculating that it is? I'm all for holding accountable adults who hit children but would advise caution if you are guessing it's about JWs in the absence of proof.

• NoRegrets
    NoRegrets

Just inquiring about it. Not jumping to any conclusions. I posed it as a question!

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I was reading the article,and some have mentioned that it's a Lutheran church. There is a link with more details on the earlier comments. I'm looking for that link myself.

I don't think Witness parents would have someone else beat their kid,they enjoy doing that too much themselves. And then,bragging to the car group about it the next morning.

• Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

It does sound like Witnesses. Hardly any other religious group goes about as batshit as they would about smoking. JW's still view smoking as worshipping demons since the Native Americans used tobacco in their religious practices. I know my dad would have really laid into me if he ever caught me smoking.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit