another "dream" thread

by lostinthought 5 Replies latest jw experiences

• lostinthought
    lostinthought

First of all let me say that dreams fascinate me and I really think that they can mean something, anyway, I am still living the JW life (doubts and all). I have this friend who is not a JW and he told me that he had this really wired dream about me. He said they shunned you, and I was like who shunned me and he said your people. (I have never really told him about how the witnesses go about disfellowshipping people or how they treat disfellowshipped people) Then he went on to tell me that I had to go to the hall (and he was with me) and the meeting was going on, we sat together on the balcony of this hall. The people in attendance felt my presence there and fire and boulders started being hurled our way. He said he thought we were going to die. This was some wired dream considering he has never been to a meeting in his lifeā€¦

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

Something that always sticks out in my mind is when my mother told me that prior to being a JW, she had had dreams of the future, and that they happened just as she had dreamed.

She dreamed my sister (whom she hadn't seen for a couple of months) in a very specific dress(one she had never seen) in the train. Lo and behold, when she goes the next day to meet up with my sister, it was as if she were seeing the dream come true. Mind you, this is rather insignificant. Seeing a specific dress doesn't mean anything, but I always thought it was cool.

I don't really think dreams have anymore meaning than the random jumbles our subconscious mind produces (our fears, worries, hopes, etc.)

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you be given ears to hear, dear LIT (peace to you!)... so as to get the sense of your friend's dream (which was for you - Job 33:15, 16)... in order to take note... and perhaps "prepare." It's easier (not necessarily much easier, though)... when you know it's coming. Those who are completely blindsided tend to sustain MUCH more, and severer, "injury." Many never recover.

Again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• N.drew
    N.drew

I dreamed of the convention last night. I am not going to go into all of it but one feature stood out. The stairs were lined with newspapers.

• watersprout
    watersprout

If I dream anything to do with the WT I wake up in a cold sweat... Usually any dream related to the WT contains demons and dragons trying to devour me! *Shudders*

There is something prophetic in your friends dream, baten down the hatches.

Peace

• Bella15
    Bella15

To see or read a newspaper in your dream signifies that new light and insight is being shed on a waking problem that is nagging on your mind. You are seeking knowledge and answers to a problem. Pay attention to the dream as it may offer a solution. Stairs are also associated with spiritual progress, thougths coming to the surface.

I really believe that some dreams come from God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit