Not just elders in Victoria who need wwc

by Mattieu 8 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

In reference to the comments that it should not just be the elders getting the working with children check in Victoria, I just caught up with my mate who is still an elder and his 2 buddies (who were also elders), one who turned out to be the p/o (sorry, still stuck with the old lingo). 3 elders and a so called apostate, and yes we were all drinking beers, ok, I wasn’t, that NZ sav blnc was too good to pass up…

The direction from bethel is that all elders/ m/s's and pioneers in Victoria have to get the wwc, so it’s not just for elders.

The deadline for all elders, ms's and pioneers to get this check passed a few weeks ago. In my mates congo, there was still a few m/'s and pioneers who had not yet submitted their application yet as well as 1 elder.

We spoke about the ramifications of it not being done and why it was necessary. They overwhelmingly agree with it being done, especially when so many jw’s shift around the country. I was pleased to hear one of the elders say he knew of child abuse being covered up in the past and he thinks this new policy is heading in the right direction.

There were so many hypothetical’s being mentioned and all agreed that despite a letter being read out in the congo, the average body of elders is being left in the dark, relying on hearsay and gossip to read between the lines.

Even if the court case doesn’t go the distance, with Steve raising the profile of the issue, it’s done a lot at a local congo level for the average pub (my ex wife excluded) to sit up and take notice… Thanks Barb for the updates too, looking forward when it progresses to the courts here in Melbourne…

PS - they all thought I was a good upstanding ms jw - my mate hadnt told them about my fade.....

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Probably a lot of confused applicants too, wondering why they were told not to and then to do so...

What we are all hanging out for is a copy of that directive!

or is it one of these word of mouth by the CO things?

oz

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

that NZ sav blnc was too good to pass up…

I have one of those sitting in my cupboard waiting to be shared...

Thanks for the insight into the minds of Victoria's elders.

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

What we are all hanging out for is a copy of that directive!

or is it one of these word of mouth by the CO things?

We've been told several times it was a letter read out at the meetings. As usual, very cloak-and-dagger, with the knowledge of the rationale restricted to tiny bunch of Bethel eite who may at some stage hint that they know but just can't talk about it. Which is fairly odd for a religion that has no clergy and in which all are equal ...

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

Oh, and Mattieu, you have a PM.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

We have files of 'leaked' letters etc etc

not too much to hope that there must be ONE jw in the mood to share that one...

oz

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

In the interests of transparency, it's time the WTS put all this correspondence on their website. Unless they have secrets, that is. Honest to God, they are fixated with the idea that they have enemies out to get them and need to tell lies and hide stuff even from their "brothers". If God is on their side, surely they can rise above that?

• Room 215
    Room 215

"In the interests of transparancy?" God, that's the LEAST of their interests!! They thrive on cultivating the willful ignorance of their flock.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Mattieu

Thanks for that info at least it`s a step in the right direction,I guess the cost for getting a wwc check rests with the individuals concerned ?

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit