WIZARD of OZ

by Seven 7 Replies latest social entertainment

• Seven
    Seven

I AM THE GREAT AND POWERFUL OZ!! If I only had a brain, a heart, the courage and pair of ruby slippers I know I could find what I'm looking for.
    This flick terrified me as a child now it reminds me of the Society-Pay no attention to the man behind the curtin.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Sad, but true. And how small and ineffectual that man is when we finally take a look.

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

I never thought of it that way before but you ladies are right. I especially like the part where they are given green glasses before they walk into Emerald City where, strangely enough, everything is green!

The wizzard is sought out for his great powers and in the end it's something quite different that gets Dorothy home...I wonder what will get US home?

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

I have a feeling, Frenchy, that what will get US home is truth (not "the Truth"), and our efforts to find it.

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Amen.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I used the illustration of this in my JC, needless to say it did not go down very well.

• Ding
    Ding

The Wizard of Oz comparison has made its way into a number of the threads.

The problem with the GB is that even though the curtain has been pulled back, they still think the ARE the great and powerful Wizard of Oz.

Scary.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

But look at who the wizard is able to control....

those who do NOT use their BRAINS and are content to be mindless;

those who get involved but do NOT have the COURAGE to speak out about the deceit and leave;

those who do NOT have HEART, which is compassion for others and natural affection for family and friends.

Those who are seeking TRUTH may stumble onto the WT path because the Marketing Publicity leads them there. Seekers leave no stone unturned. Once there, Dorothy continued to ask questions of the Wizard, blindly believing he was the solution because, after all, seven million munchkins said so...and that many people can't be wrong, can they?

The Yellow Brick Road symbolizes a spiritual journey. Many do not complete the journey because they fall asleep in the poppy fields.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit