Yup. They got some balls in this latest public tower

by therevealer 9 Replies latest jw friends

• therevealer
    therevealer

The reference to camping and what about this.

WHAT motivated a tobacco farmer to change not only his occupation but also
    his deeply held religious beliefs? How did an alcoholic gain the strength to
    change her lifestyle? Read what these people have to say.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Hmmm. I will have to read that article. I was not aware that JWs had an alcoholism treatment program.

• therevealer
    therevealer

Most probably don't remember how they destroyed some families by the way they handled the issue with tobacco farmers when they changed their stand on smoking.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Their treatment program was to join them. Wow can those people drink.

Revealer can u clue us in on that?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    Most probably don't remember how they destroyed some families by the way they handled the issue with tobacco farmers when they changed their stand on smoking.

I do. I also recall how they disfellowshipped my mother, whom they allowed into the organization as a smoker, because she was unable to break the habit within their allowed period of time [even though she had been inactive for years and never came to meetings]. I also recall how she 'lost it' following that, and never got her life back on track, thinking the Geehover was about to kill her anytime now for her sinful addiction to tobacco.

Oh, they are nice bunch of assholes, that power bunch in NY.

Jeff

• Rydor
    Rydor

I seem to remember hearing awhile back that they held stock in Phillip Morris. True? If so, is that still the case?

• therevealer
    therevealer

It is quite involved and there is a write up somewhere documenting how some who were tobacco farmers really took a hit. Because of the time frame that was imposed on them to get out of the business or face disfellowshipping some took a real financial loss. The same thing happened to some others who had retail stores that sold tobacco products.

• Leolaia
  • wha happened?
    wha happened?

Ok this is lame. What store DOESN'T sell tobacco? And then you have to include every company invloved in the production and transportation of it. That means that most of us somehow have a connection to tobacco. So does every JW employee of supermarkets, small marts, internet web sites, transportation jobs, etc etc should also all quit their jobs because it may be related to this product?

• therevealer
    therevealer

Thanks Leolaia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit