Did you have anybody stay at your house?

by d 9 Replies latest jw experiences

• d
    d

In 2000-2001 we had 2 witness stay at our house because they were building a new KH. The experience was strange to see the least but the people were nice.Today the Jw's are not as nice.

Does anybody have similar experiences.

• designs
    designs

Over the years I had a lot of Witnesses stay with me. When I was single and pioneering I had guys that were to broke to have their own apartment stay in my apartment, and when I married I still had single Witness men and women and Witness families stay with us who were down on their luck. I gave them food, shelter, money, and employment. I never ever had the kindness or hospitality reciprocated, Ever.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I did qb for years and always stayed with others.... tried to be nice

• d
    d

True the thing is you never get compensated for time and work.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

designs you can stay with us if ever down and out

• designs
    designs

FS- You're the best. But we all knew that.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Yes we had people stay with us during our KH build . They were very nice and respectful .

My husband went on many QBs and stayed with others . He has one really funny story about that too. He stayed in a home where the families elderly Mother lived with them ,she was hard of hearing . The bathroom door did not lock, and when my husband was in taking a shower the older woman came in ,and used the toilet .......She was in there a while , and he had to hide out in the shower stall until she finished ! HAhahaha I doubt he even told them because it would have been embarrassing .

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

One thing I've noticed about the JDubs who come to visit you from out of town (at least the ones who stayed at my parents house) is that they always brings someone else with them, sometimes they mention the person and sometimes they didn't. Maybe they think that Jah's loving people could never be put out by one more loving servant of the cult. One should never assume those things.

Even on an afternoon outing, I noticed years ago (may still be going on though) that the young folks traveled in packs. When one Sister that used to do my hair and I decided to go to the movies and a dinner with her sister (not a JW) a few of the "packrats" thought they were invited too, but since she was using her fiancees car at the time he had to tell the hangers on that they weren't invited, no common sense and/or social skills I guess.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Designs I hear ya. I had lots of JW's stay at my house over the years. I had a 4 bedroom home, and it was just the wife and I. Most were fine but we still had a few horror stories.

The most intersting/annoying one was when a couple and their Mother stayed with us after the Northridge earthquake. Their apt was red tagged. I didn't know the Mother and SIL did not get along. At All. One day I came home from work about the same time as my wife. Outside. Screaming at each other at the top of their lungs. Dropping f bombs along the way. Were the Mother and SIL. With the neighbors watching. Nice!

• glueman
    glueman

Over the years we have had JW's stay with us and we've stayed with others.

That being said, the best visitor we ever had was a non-JW asian exchange student. Would do it again in a heartbeat.

We also helped out a transgendered friend of one of my daughters for a bit during hard times.

Anybody want to guess on all the judgments passed upon us for doing such "dangerous" things?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit