The congregation was kind, today.

by Quarterback 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

I believe it was in paragraph 9, in the WT study. It mentioned something like "developing a romantic relationship with an unbeliever".

Our congregation has had so many bad relationships with couples in the faith. So, that has inspired others to go outside of the ORG to find romance.

When the conductor got to this paragraph, no one would comment on it. Everyone knew how sensitive that was. The conductor made some excuse about timing and we moved over that one without any mention of the substance of the paragraph.

How was it at your meeting?

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

LOL! That is very interesting. My meeting went well. I woke at six, let my dogs out and ate breakfast. Then I put in an audio book and enjoyed it immensely. Did my homework and was pleasantly surprised to find that one of my profs had decided to cancel this week's assignment. (We get updates online). Sooooo that left the day. I cleaned my living room and ate some left over Thanksgiving food.

Oh--yeah! Forgot. I haven't been to a meeting in 4 years. I love Sundays now. If I had decided to get out, I would have gone up to the Unitarian Universalist church. Lovely people there, I just didn't feel like getting out today. No guilt phone calls either (WE MISSED YOU AT CHURCH TODAY!!) They kind of trust us to make those choices.

NC

• designs
    designs

The people in the congregations should be kind, at a minimum.

I went for a nice drive up to Palomar Mountain where the famous Observatory is, had lunch with several groups of Bikers who like the winding switch-backs that go up the mountain. Great day drive. Palomar is considered a Rain Forest, gets over 50" of Rain per year, the mountain acts like a vortex.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Hey QB. What do you think of the upcoming article encouraging women to stay in violent relationships? Are you gonna comment? How do you think your congregation will comment? I suspect that many women either won't show or will have to walk out during the offending paragraphs. What a mind game for those that freed themselves of abuse. Now they can question if they did the right thing, and if the congregations they are in answer in support of the beatings, it's gonna be terribly hard for them. Hopefully it will wake them up, but if not, they are gonna need extra support.

NC

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

NC, Sounds like you had found a blessing this weekend. It's great with the teacher gives the students a break, eh?

D, It sounds like you had a great adventure this weekend. I'll add that to my bucket list.

• DeeDubs
    DeeDubs

A brother in my hall said we should thank the single sisters who remain faithful to Jehovah and are holding out to Marry someone in the Lord.

• DeeDubs
    DeeDubs

A brother in my hall said we should thank the single sisters who remain faithful to Jehovah and are holding out to Marry someone in the Lord.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

1/2 the witlesses in my hall are divorced

the other 1/2 look like zombies

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

"The Attack of the Divorced, Zombies" Coming to a theatre near you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit