For God/Truth Seekers Only!

by Nicola.threeangelsmessage 62 Replies latest jw friends

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Clambake: It's funny you mention "learn how to play a guitar". I learned, me and

15-20 other seniors. We performed for our families last friday. We were 25 strong

and we rock the house, over 100 attend .

Maybe you don't realize but many here are learning new things since leaving

the borg, but by commenting on "Faith" subjects it keep our minds sharp.

Many here still have family members in that cult.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Seriously , find something better to do with your time. Get a degree, learn how to play guitar, Volunteer at the SPCA.Next time you place a lot of time and effort into an answer, you have to realize this isn’t a NASA message board. The general audience doesn’t care.

Got a degree, know how to play guitar, pick locks, play golf, cook, knit, garden, already volunteer every week at the local no-kill animal shelter and have rescued two dogs and foster others at various times.

What were you whining about again? It's almost like you said something, but then it turned out ... not quite so much.

• SimonSays
    SimonSays

Then the question should be, what theoretical manipulation of RNA has to do with your collective reasoning of creation.

At what point did this theory of the so called universal RNA (DNA) decide to manipulate itself to form different strands of DNA or just one, and attached itself to the 3rd planet from the SUN. Hypothetically, it could have done that to any planet in this solar system or any other cognate system

If man can manipulate the RNA of humans, plants, and animals now, then man should have been in the moon over 6000 years ago to celebrate that achievement. Since intelligence cannot over power intelligence. Since it just came to mankind by most part in the 19-21 centuries, then you cannot dispel the notion of a higher being coming into play. Is that higher being God, Alien, Gods, or a very smart theoretical physicist, born 100,000,000 billion years ago?

Since we have a book that categorized that for us by and large at the very least from written language, it would be difficult to surmise, man carried this higher intelligence without first experiencing it.

• never a jw
    never a jw

"For God/Truth seekers only"

I understand the desire for economy of words, but it can get confusing. I guess you meant "For God seekers or Truth seekers only". This seems to be the more logical statement, which is quite inclusive, therefore there's no need to add "only"

• Caedes
    Caedes

My husband and I are so happy, and are so blessed – our lives are a living testimony that Jesus’ words are true when He said in Luke 11:28, “…blessed are those who hear the Word of God and keep it!”

So what blessings have you received and how do you know that god provided them?

(Repeated from my unanswered post on page one)

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

cofty18 hours ago

TTWSYF - The evidence that we descended from a common ancestor of every other living thing is in every cell in your body. We even have Neanderthal DNA.

The first video in the OP is posited on a literal interpretation of Adam and Eve.

Cofty- we share common dna with sharks, frogs and snakes as well as most other prehistoric lifeforms. That does not mean that we were not created as we are. Do we evolve? I think so. We are a people who are growing larger and living longer. Are we directly evolved from neaderthals? There is no evidence to support that theory. It IS a theory. just saying.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF
    Half banana16 hours ago

TTWSF, The Bible is an old collection of texts. First collated in the fourth century CE and therefore it might be said to be “historical” in its appearance in time. This does not make it historical in the sense that it is a ”history”, far from it! It is a collection of texts much doctored and edited to suit the propaganda of the users of the books even before their inclusion into the Bible by the Catholic Church. The source documents and stories for the Bible are mainly pagan and do not qualify to make a historian’s account of what is a proper historical record. This is because they are derivative and are not first-hand records by reliable witnesses.

Again, I respectfully disagree.

The 4th century confirmation of the books of the bible simply confirmed most of the books that were confirmed in the 1st and 2nd century. There is a copy of the gospel of John [fragments of a copy anyway] that dates with in 40 years of John's death. Also there were guidelines that were followed while compiling the bible. One was that the book had to be ancient. It had to be something that could be traced back historically. That is why books like the gospel of Mary or the gospel of Peter, gospel of Judas, etc. These books were not old enough to be considered.

Just saying.........that I believe the bible is the word of God

• Viviane
    Viviane
    There is no evidence to support that theory. It IS a theory. just saying.

You mean hypothesis. A theory is the highest state something can be, scientifically speaking, supported by fact, observation, experimentation with predictive power and shown to be the best current explanation for a given phenomenon.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Are we directly evolved from neaderthals? There is no evidence to support that theory.

That 'theory' doesn't even exist. Neanderthals are our cousins not our ancestors. And read Viviane's last post again.

• cappytan
    cappytan
    Gravitational Theory is just a theory! There's no such thing as Gravity!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit