For God/Truth Seekers Only!

by Nicola.threeangelsmessage 62 Replies latest jw friends

• Half banana
    Half banana

Nicola I feel so sad that you wasted so much time like many of us did as a JW... and then go on to waste your time in another similar unprovable delusion.

Where is the evidence that Jesus ever existed? How could he be the second Adam when Adam never lived? It's a story not a historical truth...it's a fantasy.

• sir82
    sir82

but be careful His grace may just run out.

What happens then?

Let me guess - this is another one of those passive-aggressive "Worship my god my way or he'll kill you / torture you / have someone else kill or torture you" threads.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

1) The God I believe in isn't selecting privileged individuals to bless them, either by giving them 100 chickens as a reward for attending a convention in Myanmar, or by helping an unbelieving builder find the source of a leak in his building project - or even yourself!

2) Looking at Mr. Bohr's website, I wasn't surprised to find that it solicits "donations" for the ministry which he has committed his life to.

The apostle Paul never asked for donations - he worked while he preached. Jesus told his disciples, "You received free, give free". (Matthew 10:8)

Some people may be telling some truths, but when I see the $$$$$ in their eyes, it's time to walk away!

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

God gave us free will and thus allowing us to face the consequences

of our choices solves nothing. If the creator could intervene personally

when it came to the magic tricks in the Bible like making the sun stand

still for a day in a BATTLE, he could do something to feed a starving

kid.

Theology tries to paper these horrible facts over with explanations about

why there is evil is nothing but BS.

• startingover
    startingover
    Come on you guys, this lady and her husband obviously have a very potent god gene in their brains, so there is no way they will be able to even begin to comprehend what you are trying to tell her.
  • Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer

Hi Nicola.threeangelsmessage

I will give the videos a view, as like yourself am open minded and searching for truth. Fair plays to you for sharing what you believe as can see it comes from your heart. May God bless you for your love for him and his son, our Lord Jesus Christ..

Christian love

TE

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF
    Half banana29 minutes ago

Nicola I feel so sad that you wasted so much time like many of us did as a JW... and then go on to waste your time in another similar unprovable delusion.

Where is the evidence that Jesus ever existed? How could he be the second Adam when Adam never lived? It's a story not a historical truth...it's a fantasy.

I disagree [respectfully]. With some top of my head proofs.

1st- There's the bible. it is an ancient historical book, The fact that [literally] billions of people consider it the 'word of God' does not erase or even decrease it's historical nature.

2nd- Jesus was put to death in a very brutal and pubic way some 2000 years ago. He was a man who claimed to be God and his followers claimed that he was God and as a result many thousands have [and do] die on that belief. I would have to think that when you are being tortured, you would quickly let go of any myths. Not THESE Christians. How would anyone explain such a thing?

Adam never existed. How does anyone really know? What I do know is that there is no link [genetically,] with modern man to any of the known 'cavemen'. By cavemen I mean a progression of advancements and or physical/mental improvements that DO have genetic links of progression through the eons. Hence, pigmies to cromagnum to neaderthal , etc etc can be genetically linked through fossils and skeletal remains, there is no such link to our modern species that has been discovered [or admitted to anyway]. This is my understanding of it anyway.

Adam being the 1st man with a soul according to Genesis could in fact be a literal revelation. And as far as time goes, who knows how long a day is in the life if God?

Just saying.......that I believe the bible is the word of God

• sunny23
    sunny23
    Nicola you said: "my God is Love and DOES NOT use His people to fight His battles. He has legions upon legions of mighty angels to do that for Him. So any fanatic that harms another under the banner of religion is NOT a follower of the true God - in fact his god is weak because he sends him to do his dirty work."

Nicola, God used His people to fight his battles on several occasions in the old testament. You are calling him weak!? Also you do realize that claiming that God would be weak if he used humans to do his dirty work applies to God using his legions of angels to do his dirty work as well right? Looks weak both ways huh?

God of Love? You must only worship Jesus then, God version 2.0. The nice one. Because OG god killed upwards of 10 million people in the old testament. This is a God of war and hatred because he is so jealous.

Exodus 34:14

14For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous,is a jealous God

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

startingover: you are right . I remember when I became a JW no one could tell

me anything, I knew it all. I have the answer for every question for life here and

the hereafter, LOL. But I have learned to hold my tongue not to preach my belief,

only when it is necessary. What's my belief, hell I don't know but I know the bible

and it is not that.

• cofty
    cofty
    nicolaou and cofty, since you are so sure that God doesn't exist then why do you feel threatened?

I don't feel threatened at all. I was just pointing out that it was a threat - a vacuous one.

Christians do it all the time.

"Come and worship my loving and kind and merciful god - or else!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit