Which part of the bible prohibits blood consumption because it is bad for health??

by trailerfitter 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• trailerfitter
    trailerfitter

I have a couple of posts on here becuase this blood issue is unclear to me. I was shown by my beloved that the blood contains the soul but does not mention the fact blood is bad for health. Does it say anywhere in the bible that blood is bad for health? If so , where?.

I am under the impression that the comsumption of the blood is because the "soul" is contained within the blood, so is the "crime" in this case and this from biblical texts? I can understand from a bronze age beliefs that this would have been widely believed however taking blood fractions now in a modern day perspective is the same ,..............surely this disobeys biblical laws doesn't it??

• cofty
    cofty

Nowhere does the bible connect blood and health. The infamous letter at Acts 15 concludes with teh words "good health to you" but that was simply a salutation.

You might find this helpful in understanding the JW position and why it is unbiblical ...

http://www.jwsupportforum.com/index.php?topic=8590.msg124410#msg124410

• trailerfitter
    trailerfitter

Thanks Cofty, I need to do ore research before presenting this to the JW in the family. I cannot see anything wrong with upstanding a principle however I see this campaign of showning how bad blood transfusions are ( perhaps falsely), is a smoke screen.

• garyneal
    garyneal

How does your beloved reconcile the contradictory teachings that all blood that exits the body must be poured out onto the ground with the teaching that accepting human and animal blood fractions are okay?

• trailerfitter
    trailerfitter

Gary, she doesn't comment on it. Since she is Russian speaking for her first language she suddenly goes dumb and says she cannot explain about what the soul is in blood. I have to cover an issue then drop it for a while otherwise I don't get to see her. It's that WT defense mechanism that drives her. I did get her ministry leader to agree to explain issues to her instead of me but I got into a discussion about jealousy and how helpful the bible was in advising that jealous id bad for health. When I asked if god gets ill beause he is quite a self admitted jealous god she started to squirm and explain to me that it was a different kind of jealously. I need at leat a month between encounters with the dubs. ( even if they come around more often).

Hows your situation going?

• designs
    designs

19th century Jewish Dr. Waldemar Haffkine promoted Kosher laws on hygenic grounds. He was famous for his studies of Cholera and Bubonic Plague. He also recommended Jewish meat butchering practices, known as Shochet (ritual slaughter) because it required the meat and organs to be examined for any sign of disease or malady. Once a meat has been sealed with a Mashgiach it has to be eaten with a few days preventing further health hazards.

• TD
    TD
    I was shown by my beloved that the blood contains the soul

The concept of the "soul" is very, very important to Jehovah's Witnesses and your beloved is seriously mistaken. Jehovah's Witnesses teach that the living organism itself is the soul.

Therefore the idea of the "soul" being "in" the blood is only a metaphor:

"....Leviticus 17:14 says: "The soul of every sort of flesh is its blood"—not literally, of course, since the Bible also says that the living organism itself is a soul. Rather, the life of all souls is so inextricably tied up with and sustained by the blood in them that blood is appropriately viewed as a sacred fluid representing life." (Awake!, October 22, 1990 p. 15 emphasis mine)

but does not mention the fact blood is bad for health. Does it say anywhere in the bible that blood is bad for health?

No.

The only place where anyone could possibly get that idea is in the closing salutation, "Good health to you" in the Apostolic Decree.

But here again, Jehovah's Witnesses explicitly deny that idea:

"The comment "Good health to you" was not a promise to the effect, ‘If you abstain from blood or fornication, you will have better health.’ It was simply a closure to the letter, such as, ‘Farewell.’ "(The Watchtower, June 15, 1991 page 9 (Footnote))

• trailerfitter
    trailerfitter

Thanks for the replies,...food for thought as it weere,...moreover ,...Interestingly another "twist" on biblical scriptures. It is so easy to make anything fit when it is required and use it to justify the end results. I guess thats why there are so many interpretations of the same words. My beloved is stil a fledgling and I am seriously seeking a way for her to not sign any blood pact with the devil ( WTBTS). It is beyond reason I think

I wonder why, when quoting and looking for health issues regarding scripture that only a small part of hygene is mentioned. It is crude and at best very misrepresentative of what science knows. Whilst it is interesting to know that Kosher meat has its benefits, I wonder what hideous ailments they blamed on gods judgement and wrath when it was infact food poisoning or some bacterial related illness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit