Happy Thanksgiving—Watchtower Style!

by Marvin Shilmer 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Happy Thanksgiving—Watchtower Style!

Today I added a new article to my blog titled Happy Thanksgiving—Watchtower Style! It is available at: http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com/2011/11/happy-thanksgiving-watchtower-style.html

Marvin Shilmer

http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com

• JRK
    JRK

I hated celebrating Thanksgiving JW style. It consisted of going out in field service and bothering people on a holiday.

JK

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I did that once. We ended up getting cravings for turkey because every door had turkey cooking while we were bothering people on the other side. And every door had someone home--impossible to get out of placing rags.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

Same thing today as forty eyars ago. JWs eating thanksgiving dinner on FRIDAY...Hypocrites.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Really?

Not this one, and maybe 90 % of the others.

Here are some other points to keep in mind. Turkeys don't like to celebrate Thanks-giving. In fact they would rather we would all go preaching on that day.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Drastically reduce the possibility of another T-Rex evolving on earth!! Eat a TURKEY today!!

Or tomorrow, when prices go way, way down...

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

This was interesting. I could not magnify the image at first so I could not see what it was.

Pagans ate breakfast, lunch, and dinner. They must have used the equivalent of a bathroom, too. Pagans were earlier. What is not pagan? I am certain the WT has a precise year (month and day, too) for the day Adam and Eve's intermarried children became pagan. What drama!

Think about it. pagans used wheels, can't have wheels b/c they are pagan. Pagans used doors; can't use doors b/c they are pagan. Pagans cultivated food and textiles-must go around with no cultivated food and be buck naked b/c pagans certainly did it.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

BOTR, Good one! US money has pagan symbols all over it but I've never heard of a case where the WT$ turned it down.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit