Golden Age 1925 article

by greek 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• greek
    greek

Hi to all. I just finished to read a april 8 1925 article of the Golden Age mag that stated this:

"According to prophecy and Bible chronology, the time of our Lord's second presence should date fron1 the end of 1874 or beginning of 1875. Of course this presence is invisible to man. I have not time now to discuss the evidence of the Lord's second presence. I now merely make the statement that the second presence of the Lord, invisible to man, dates from 1874; and if that be true, we should expect that greater light would begin to dawn, especially for the benefit of those who have been and are watchmen. The physical facts show that this is true, that the faithful Christians during the past few years have had a wonderful increase of light upon the Scriptures. And the world has also benefited from the light of the Lord's presence."

It is like to actual WT fraseology over the sucess transpired in present time. And 1925 prophecy was perished.

Here I a Blog with more publication of the WT (1879, 1919 to 1969) http://bibliotecajw.blogspot.com/ .Perhaps benefit to you.

• possible-san
    possible-san

greek.

Thanks.

• greek
    greek

Thanx possible-san, the phrase that caught my attention was" I have not time now to discuss the evidence of the Lord's second presence.....", Rutherford definitely did not know the answer and did not have it.

• greek
    greek

It is interesting that Rutherford, in the edition of December 30, 1925 (Golden Age) even claimed that something extraordinary would have to meet in 1925, when he spoke of the 70 Jubilees that played a 3500 year cycle in 1925.

• possible-san
    possible-san

greek.

Rutherford definitely did not know the answer and did not have it.

Yeah, absolutely.

Well, BTW, possibly, that article was written by Mr. Woodworth.
    http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com/hardtruth/demon_possesed_woodworth.htm

Anyway, that article is all nonsense.

When you find an interesting article again, please tell us.
    Thank you for the interesting information.

possible

• greek
    greek

I have a excerpt from Golden Age, August 11 , 1926:

Does the Sun Radiate Heat to the Earth?

"It might be asked whether the sun's supply of electricity will not be exhausted in the course of time. As electricity does not deteriorate through use, but is just as strong after it has turned a motor wheel as it ,has before, probably it goes the rounds of the universe from solar system to solar system and returns. When our sun with its dependent planets become saturated they probably give off their surplus electricity to other solar systems; and so it goes, from one to another, until it completes the immeasurable circuit. Observe that a corollary of this theory is that all planets have atmosphere and are probably inhabited."

• Darth Rutherford
    Darth Rutherford

greek... Wow! I certainly appreciate that quote. The orgynization's understanding of the sun, solar system, and inner-workings of the universe evidently matches their profound understanding of the One who created it all. Geez... after reading that, how can one not put absolute faith in what they've said or continue to say! LOL!

I absolutely can't stand Rutherford. Drunken, deviant, maniacal Rutherford. So many swallowed that garbage then, and millions are still digesting its remnants now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit