Advice for those who want to stay in, for some reason.One of the ways to get Elders off your back is to have an ally in the BOE, especially the one who is often on JC's.

by african GB Member 9 Replies latest jw friends

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

...and keep him very close, buy him some presents, take him out for supper and maybe even give him money. That way you are a little bit assured of not getting punished or of getting a very lenient outcome if you happen to find yourself on JC.

• hotspur
    hotspur

I truly find it imposible to believe you could ever have an ally in the BoE!

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

an ally, as in a friend.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

agbm, well, we had a very wealthy brother in my old congregation. he was very generous to everyone in need and he even kissed the elders ass many times too. He got disfellowshipped. It did not help him. You are right money and ass kissing can be a very helpful factor though in some cases though.

• Hoffnung
    Hoffnung

No need for that. It could be contraproductive. If you don't have enemies in the BOE, there is no reason to put yourself on their radar screen. Fading is avoiding attention, not avoiding problems with the elders. If you are giving presents to an elder or somebody else in the congo, at one point you will have to stop doing so. This will unavoidable draw the attention, and can endanger the process of fading. I am afraid I cannot second your advice.

Hoffnung

• stillin
    stillin

I like this:

Before you criticise somebody, walk a mile in his shoes. Then when you criticise him you will have a mile headstart and he will be barefoot.

• Midget-Sasquatch
  • Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

I know a Fader, (well actually a submariner JW (pops up once in a while) who succesfully does business, associates, AND participates in politics without problems. He goes out to dinner with JWs, goes to JW events, some conventions, and some meetings without ANY problems.

Key? He carries a concealed gun!! AND has a reputation for suing people. The local elders consider him a crackpot and give him a wide berth.

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

this concept will be even more effective if you happen to have a progressive elder in the cong.

• sir82
    sir82

If someone is "often" on JCs, it's probably because he is a hardliner and enjoys kicking people out. He likely views himself as some sort of "executioner for Jah" and would be unlikely to be lenient in response to bribery.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit