Viewpoint On Hal Fleming, How do you feel about him?

by AvocadoJake 7 Replies latest jw friends

• AvocadoJake
  • wobble
    wobble

I have not read anything by him, I presume he is an active JWand an apologist for their point of view ????

Are his books worth reading ?

Can anybody tell us more before we waste our money ?

• AvocadoJake
    AvocadoJake

He is a nice man in my encounters with him , I don't know much about his books or his scholarship skills.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

My viewpoint:

Hal Flemings is a longtime Watchtower man through and through. His writing related to biblical theology is consistently presented to align with Watchtower teaching of the day, whatever that happens to be.

Marvin Shilmer

http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com

• designs
    designs

We had been close friends since the early 70s but now he wouldn't touch me with a 20' pole because of my apostacy. Sad.

• jws
    jws

So did he write those other non-bible based books too? Like the Bride's Fair and Once Upon a Storm?

Ha! A 50th anniversary celebration of the New World Translation? That's funny.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Looks to me like we're talking about Hal FlemingS and not Hal Fleming.

Neither of them look like anything approaching Ian Fleming though.

• AvocadoJake
    AvocadoJake

I should pick up his book, first I wan't to buy Greg Stafford's book on "Sharp's" rule. I enjoy Greg's brilliant writing style, and love how he is kind to those who he talks to on the net. Hal does not have the charisma Greg does when it comes to JW scholars or xJW scholars.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit