was thinking about a couple famous quotes...

by cptkirk 5 Replies latest jw experiences

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

and how they might pertain to the WT. the first was:

1. Grover Norquist - "I don't want to abolish government. I simply want to reduce it to the size where I can drag it into the bathroom and drown it in the bathtub."

remove "government", replace "WT".

2. janis joplin said "freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose".

how bout "faith in the borg is just another word for nothing left to lose" ? (or phrase)

• N.drew
    N.drew

The true meaning of religion is thus not simply morality, but morality touched by emotion the Borg.

Matthew Arnold (1822-1888)

• N.drew
    N.drew

But who prays for satan the org? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needs it the most?

Mark Twain

Religion The Jehovah's Witnesses is are the monumental chapter in the history of human egotism.

William James (1842-1910)

God made so many different kinds of people. Why would he allow only one way to serve him?

Martin Burber

We have just enough religion Bible to make us hate, but not enough to make us love.

Jonathan Swift

Lighthouses forums are more helpful than churches.

Benjamin Franklin

• N.drew
    N.drew

A cult is a religion with no political power

Tom Wolfe

I always like a dog as long as he isn't spelled backward

G. K. Chesterton

Christianity might be a good thing if anyone ever tried it.

George Bernard Shaw

Aim at heaven and you get earth thrown in. Aim at earth and you get neither.

C. S. Lewis

• bob1999
    bob1999

"2. janis joplin said "freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose"."

That was writen by Kris Kristofferson. Credit where credit is do.

Peace

• fadinfast
    fadinfast

An Aussie Prime Minister summed up life in the Borg [in contrast to life as a Christian] when he said [ not sure if he was first; but is remembered here for it]

'Life wasn't meant to be easy'. FF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit