Coroner urges Jehovah's Witnesses to review blood transfusion ban

by andys 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• andys
    andys

Click on the news article below:

News article about blood transfusions

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Very interesting - thanks for posting. There's some really good comments to the article as well.

• garyneal
    garyneal

Strict adherence to this doctrine without allowing for any kind of circumstance is the issue I tried to put forth with 'Brother Hero' (a brother from my wife's cong who is currently having a study with me).

Some things I pointed out are:

• Lying is a sin, yet if it meant your life, would you lie about something and if so are you not concerned about Jehovah's judgement? Why is accepting blood any different?
    • If God sees all sin as equal, why do JW make a big deal about this one sin and overlook the so called 'lesser sins?'

You know that man actually told me that because it was said to the "Christian congregation" TM in the book of Acts then it meant that God wanted special reverence paid to it. It's okay to tell the occasional 'white lie' and not worry about our place in God's Kingdom, but by golly you better not take any blood to save your life.

The way they over-dramatize the whole issue of blood is amazing.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    You know that man actually told me that because it was said to the "Christian congregation" TM in the book of Acts then it meant that God wanted special reverence paid to it.

Good lord - too stupid to walk and chew gum at the same time. What law or commandment was given in the entire New Testament that was NOT given to the entire Christian congregation?

Which was was singled out for "special reverence"??? Got a scripture to quote on that???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit