Long Time - No Speak (to my JWN friends)...

by babygirl30 5 Replies latest jw friends

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

............I'm back!

Been a LONG time since I posted on here - although I have been 'reading' posts on a regular basis. Feel like I've been away from 'family' for awhile. How has everyone BEEN? See a LOT of 'new' posters too - which is GOOD.

Had a bit of a tough past year though:

1. My BPD sister migrated out of state, left my little niece to be raised by our JW parents, and that sent my whole extended family into an uproar. Half because of my sister decision to leave her own child behind, and half because I spoke UP...I began to 'share' my story with my aunts, uncles, cousins, friends, whomever would listen. I WANTED people to know why my own mother and father do NOT speak to me...why they choose it ignore their own daughter. That simple act of opening my mouth and speaking up - ended up causing family to 'question' my dad, and they openly began sharing stories that would make Jesus blush - hahahaha - about my folks and how THEY have no right to judge anyone...ironic!

2. I have not set foot in a Khall in over a year - not even for the Memorial. Why would I? I don't believe their teachings. My mother actually had one of the elders call me to 'check up on me' being that I've been Df'd for going on 3yrs now...and my response to him was "although I appreciate the call, it's disheartening that it was prompted by someone ELSE - not by genuine love and concern". Haven't heard back since! And of course my parents continue to practice their shunning in the harshest way...and yes, it still hurts. In the NE here, we were hit with extensive 'storms' (hurricane in Oct, snow storm in Nov) both resulting in massive power outages. Not ONCE did my parents call to check on me! NOT ONCE. Normally I'm pretty strong and can take their ignorance, but that still stings. My own parents did not care enough about my well being to call to see if I was ok...that is so sick.

3. Been focused on my CAREER! A feat I was unable to conquer in my JW days...as we all remember, meeting nights were to be held as 'sacred' and nothing was to interfere! :-( Well, I am able to work as long as I want/need and not feel guilty about it - and I don't. Although oddly enough, one of my coworkers started being 'distant' to me and come to find out, she recently was baptized as a JW and told me that THAT is why she doesn't stop and talk anymore. Her next words "if you ever decide to come back, I'd be happy to renew our friendship". My reply to her "well then I guess we'll just be coworkers - cause there will be no comeback for me!" - LOL

4. Have NOT found a 'nice guy' to settle down with yet, but am for the first time in my LIFE, satisfied being single! Dating is tiring sometimes, but FUN...and because I am so focused with my job, dating is not my main focus. But it's NICE not to feel the constant pressure of "OMG - she's over 30 and not married...gotta find a nice brother!" NOPE!! Taking my time and enjoying the ride...

5. Been doing TONS of research on the JWs. A lot of 'friends' (a term I use loosely anymore) have fallen away, been DF'd, or just don't care about the rules anymore...funny how it seems a lot of us Gen. X-ers don't give a gerbils nut about all the 'laws' the JWs have set out...although I still have not spoken to or heard from a lot of the people I once assumed I was soooo close to in JW-land, but I honestly see it as their loss - not mine.

So that's the latest.

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

Nice to hear from you and glad that you are doing well. Sorry about your folks, they are stuck in the JW mindset and belive they are doing the right thing.

Take care!

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

My favorite Butta Pecan Rican.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Excellent update! Even though we've been in touch, the details of your past year have been very illuminating!

• sherah
    sherah

Nice to hear from you!

I'm sorry that your parents are still shunning you. But it sounds like you are still holding your head high. Take care of yourself.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Good to hear your doing ok,keep researching it gets easier the more you learn the" truth" about the lie.

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit