Did Judas help "save the world" by betraying Jesus????

by Witness 007 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Imagine if he changed his mind and Jesus got angry and said: "NO......I NEED YOU TO DO THIS!!!" {Judas} "No, I can't .......I changed my mind!!! " {Throws money away}

No ransome...the world is doomed.....Jesus marries Mary Magdalene and has 6 kids the end......

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Some believe tha Judas was pre-destined to betray Jesus, certaiblky Jesus KNEW He would.

Judas was doing his part as only Judas could, he did what Judas would do, given Judas's nature.

The writer of the GOJ pains Judas in a far worse way than do the other synoptic writers and in Acts Judas doesn't seem to be as vilified as one would think.

Of course since Jesus was NOT dead perhaps the apostls and disciples didn't hate him as much since they must have seen that he did what had to be done, regardless of his true intent.

• Lore
    Lore

Well technically Jesus just had to die. A perfect life had to be given to replace the perfect life Adam lost. (Because for some reason if 1 perfect guy dies, it's bad, but if 2 perfect guys die it's good. . . ?)

So Jesus didn't have to be tortured to death, he just had to die at some point.

He could have died in birth or in his sleep after ruling the world as a perfect man for 5,000 years.

The torturing part was not for humans benefit, that was to prove a point to Satan for Gods benefit.

• sir82
    sir82

Your question is the central theme of the Gospel of Judas, a 2nd century Gnostic book.

Bart Ehrman wrote a pretty good introduction to it, titled The Lost Gospel of Judas Iscariot. You can get it from Amazon for about $10.

• Ding
    Ding
    Well technically Jesus just had to die... So Jesus didn't have to be tortured to death, he just had to die at some point.

Isaiah 53 prophesied that he would be "pierced for our transgressions."

Hebrews 9:22 says: "In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood
    there is no forgiveness."

• Lore
    Lore

Ding, I'm going strictly by JW theology here, I'm sure there are plently of biblical reasons non-witnesses could could come up for why Jesus HAD to be tortured for the spell to work.

But according to the witnesses, Jesus dying was the ransom, and it didn't really matter how he died.

The torturing part was simply a response to Satan saying that humans would not worship god if tried. (Even though I'm not sure Satan ever said that.)

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

maybe this is why so many witnesses are crazy, it's subconscious and they don't even realize it. think about it, after judas "was aware" of what he did, he threw himself off a cliff? if i remember correctly the bible is very detailed in the level of gore subsequent to his body landing on the rocks?

deep down this might be why most witnesses believe in macabre punishment, because of that passage in the bible. instead of thinking macabre punishment is never right, even if execution is right, macabre isn't...but maybe it is? if you read about judas' blood and guts exploding?

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Did Judas have a choice to say no....what is destiny? I think if he didn't furfill his 'duty" Jesus would have got Peter to do it.....how else could be "the choosen one.."

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

another made up story by the romans

• bioflex
    bioflex

Jesus knew Peter would deny him trice, did that mean peter should hang himself ? I would not argue about Judas though, It was just obvious that the pharisees would have had Jesus killed either way.

If there was one thing Judas did wrong, then its for killing himslef, i bet he would have been saved had he repented.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit