How much are the financial crises played up at meetings nowadays?

by Robert7 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Robert7
    Robert7

I haven't been to a meeting in years... and with the US and European financial crises in play, I would imagine the JWs would be all over this as the sign that "we're so close to the end"... That this system is ready to collapse.

For those of you going to meetings, is there much talk abou it... what about amongst people in conversation? What are they saying?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Reminds me of 911. Every public talk touched on 911 as did every comment for months

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

I remember about four years ago they had a discusion that they may have to hold small meetings at homes... but that was just talk from one of the elders.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

well they took care of that option Butterfly

• Robert7
    Robert7

I surprised they're not playing it up more. I can see the typical JW thinking the economic system is about to collapse and armageddon will start. Maybe the WTS knows better than to speculate too much.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I hope it does result in lower or no donations to the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund. No matter how much or little they play it up or down toward Armageddon, they are going to start playing up the need for the witlesses to continue donating as if they still had the funds.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit