I want to create an Ex-JW website. Please help! Need suggestions!

by Chemical Emotions 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

I'm not trying to rip off this site. I love this site, and I've found others, like JWfacts, that are also awesome.

But I thought it might be fun to try one myself. A forum-type site where I can also post cute things on the home page or something.

Maybe for ex-JW women? Or something? IDK. What does everyone think? Any ideas?

If I make it, it has to be free. I can't afford to spend money on it. Maybe use Webs.com or something, and make a free site.

I can't devote a ton of time to it, but I'd be able to visit it frequently.

I have a Win98 and DSL. I have no experience in making websites, but I know a bit about computers and the internet.

• Darkside Blues
    Darkside Blues

A forum for ex-JW women would be pretty cool, actually. There are many issues that ex-JW women go through that men don't necessarily have to deal with, so it'd be nice to get support and advice in that regard.

There's got to be some sort of forum you can set up for free (not as plentiful as they were in the 90s of course, but they still exist.) You really don't need anything fancy - just something that works smoothly for you and the end users. :)

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

may be you could use something like yahoo groups

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

Darkside Blues: Thanks. I think I'm going to go through with this soon.

I'll check out yahoo groups.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

First, I'd suggest asking yourself the motivation for doing this.

If serious, I'd reccomend starting out as a blog. A forum is nothing without members and JW forums aren't typically known for cross-promoting. If you create a site/blog and keep it updated than slowly people that find it will keep checking back and over time it may grow into a community.

It's not an easy task and even if successful is quite thankless. Best of luck if you try it out!

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

I think my motivation is just to help people like I've been helped.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit