12 Questions For Jehovah's Witnesses

by XJW4EVR 1 Replies latest jw friends

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

I found this blog by happenstance, and I was wondering if some of you could answer these questions as a JW to help me anticipate future arguments. I have some answers already, but would like some additional input. Thanks in advance.

1. Why did Jehovah’s Witnesses properly worshiped Christ Jesus until 1954?
    2. If all that was made was made through him(John 1:3) and for him( Colossians 1:16, Romans 11:36), why add word “other-allos” in Col 1:15-17?
    3. Was Jehovah God without wisdom before creating him(Proverbs 8:22-31) ?
    4. If firstborn means first created, then what does firstborn of the dead mean?( or what does Israel(Exo. 4:22) and Ephraim(Jer. 31:9) been firstborn mean?)
    5. Why is Christ Jesus calling himself the first and the last?(Revelation 1:17-18)
    6. Were the first Christians from A. D. 30-250 understanding of Jesus as God wrong?
    7. If Jesus is a lesser god because he is only Might God(Isaiah 9:6), would that not make Jehovah God also lesser god since his called Might God(Isaiah 10:20-21)?
    8. If Only-begotten(John 3:16) means Jesus was Jehovah’s first creation, how then do we explain Isaac(Hebrews 11:17) being the only-begotten of Abraham and not Ishmael?
    9. Why did God, in Genesis 1:26, said let us make man in our image(God’s image, not angel + God)?
    10. Could you explain how “Jehovah made it rain sulphur from Jehovah” Genesis 19:24 NWT?
    11. Why did Thomas say to Christ Jesus “the Lord of me, and the God of me”(John 20:28 cf. Psalm 34:23)?
    12. Why does historical documents show that the first Christians and Apostolic Fathers prayed and worshiped Christ Jesus as God?
  • ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

First off I want to say that Jesus Christ is the Almighty God, just as the Father is the Almighty God and the Spirit is the Almighty God. There is one God and one Savior. He can be in many places at once and take any form. I had to say this because answering the questions as a JW is very difficult. That organization is spirit-directed all right. A lying spirit who lies in order to keep us away from Christ.

Why did Jehovah’s Witnesses properly worshiped Christ Jesus until 1954?The light gets brighter.

If all that was made was made through him(John 1:3) and for him( Colossians 1:16, Romans 11:36), why add word “other-allos” in Col 1:15-17? Um duh... you started with a verse (John 1:3) that I wasn't programmed with. Well, you know, why is He called God's Son instead of just God then?

Was Jehovah God without wisdom before creating him(Proverbs 8:22-31) ? Well it says "God brought me forth" and "I was formed", why does it say that?

If firstborn means first created, then what does firstborn of the dead mean?( or what does Israel(Exo. 4:22) and Ephraim(Jer. 31:9) been firstborn mean?)hmmmm...

Why is Christ Jesus calling himself the first and the last?(Revelation 1:17-18) Christ was the first one raised in the first resurrection, and the last one that will be raised directly by Jehovah God.

Were the first Christians from A. D. 30-250 understanding of Jesus as God wrong?Oh most definitely. The Great Apostasy was in full force. Besides, I can find quotes from that time that seem to support the JW view.

If Jesus is a lesser god because he is only Might God(Isaiah 9:6), would that not make Jehovah God also lesser god since his called Might God(Isaiah 10:20-21)? The difference is that Jesus isn't called "almighty", is he?

If Only-begotten(John 3:16) means Jesus was Jehovah’s first creation, how then do we explain Isaac(Hebrews 11:17) being the only-begotten of Abraham and not Ishmael?So why don't you tell me what only-begotten means then?

Why did God, in Genesis 1:26, said let us make man in our image(God’s image, not angel + God)?Because Jesus was the only being to be created directly by the Father, so he is unique, not just an angel.

Could you explain how “Jehovah made it rain sulphur from Jehovah” Genesis 19:24 NWT?I don't get your point.

Why did Thomas say to Christ Jesus “the Lord of me, and the God of me”(John 20:28 cf. Psalm 34:23)?He was surprised and simply meant a god.

Why does historical documents show that the first Christians and Apostolic Fathers prayed and worshiped Christ Jesus as God?No they don't.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit