Getting back little pieces of your life that they took from you.

by JonathanH 3 Replies latest jw friends

• JonathanH
    JonathanH

I sometimes feel like I lost so much because the first two plus decades of my life were spent in that stupid cult. But occasionally I find a little piece of something they took from me, and I get to keep it so it's like they never took it from me at all.

Tonight I got out of class (I'm in college working towards a B.S. in Engineering and/or Mathematics), and it was a chilly autumn night so I decided to go to a little coffee dive downtown I hadn't been to since I went out in service and would go there for coffee breaks. I sat at a table with other college students all around me. There was a study group discussing some book for their english/literature class, and a few girls on their apple macs working on some kind of projects in the corner. The barista was some young girl with a lip ring and dyed black hair working on her degree in economics. And I just sat there with my laptop and a latte and worked on homework. A chilly autumn night downtown, working on homework (about evolution no less), sipping a latte, surrounded by young college students, listening to some quiet hipster alternative rock that they had playing. That is something I didn't get to have because I was handing out magazines when I should have been studying and going to school. And for a couple years after I left, I was saddened by the idea that I would never have that. They did take it from me, but they didn't get to keep it. I got that experience back, and I get to keep it now.

There are some things they took that I may never get back, but they don't get to keep it all. And I'm going to take as much back from those bastards as I possibly can. It felt good, it really did.

• poppers
    poppers

And I'm going to take as much back from those bastards as I possibly can.

Good for you, and good luck in all your endeavors.

• freshstart
    freshstart

Congrats to you and the best of luck!! I also recently enrolled in college. I'm working toward my degree in Business Administration and I'm really loving what I'm learning. All the best!!!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Not just college. Job skills that could have helped many out were lost. How many got behind on their computer skills due to the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger insisting that the Internet is so harmful? I, for one, had a lot of catching up on loose ends to get even reasonably competent working with Windows. Sure, it does self-teach--so long as everything runs fine. But, one little glitch that could be fixed with 3 or 4 clicks, and I had to contact someone that knows more than I do about Windows. And learning to program computers--forget about it because they worry that all computer programming ends up being used by the military.

To illustrate that latter point, I saw an ad for a job in 1989 involving computer programming. No experience was needed, and the pay was $32 per hour (a lot of money back then). Had I taken that job, I would have probably been able to attend most (though not guaranteeing all) the boasting sessions, with less strain than I had been experiencing. I would have had the weekends (most, though not guaranteeing all, the time) off to do field circus. They found that objectionable because they felt that I would be working for the military, because I could not guarantee making ALL the boasting sessions and keeping 20+ hours a month in field circus, and I might be required to attend a class from time to time that would make me miss something at the Kingdumb Hell. Result: I couldn't even apply for that position.

Now, I am finding it necessary to get the pieces back together. I had to purchase a DVD course on repairing computers--hardware problems are simple, but software problems can be very tricky. Also, I am finding that the catching up part is difficult--there is always going to be something I missed that I should have picked up on. And, with that kind of money coming in (and not having everything wasted on the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund), I could have had a reasonable amount saved up (whether in paper or metal/hard assets) so I could have started my own business by now. Computer repair and computer programming are always in demand, and I could have started my own business during the dot-com boom. If I ran an honest business, it would have survived the crash (even if I took a bath, sound companies are always the ones that come out of those things). And, when the regulatory environment in the United States becomes too harsh and it becomes the United Tyranny of Stupidity, expanding into Australia or New Zealand would have been so simple. (As would moving there.) I would already have millions to invest in the business there, and applying honest and sound principles would make business boom there as well. And my assets would be protected.

While there is no guarantee that I would have been able to do all that, or even getting that job, the Washtowel Slaveholdery took every last little chance of doing so away from me. Now, I must struggle to learn to diagnose software problems like I did to learn to make minor tweaks in Windows. I also must spend time and money getting courses to teach me what I would have learned on jobs, without the benefit of having worked to establish a dominant search engine or major software program. Those cockroaches took away every last chance for me to have benefitted from the 1990s dot-com boom, leaving me at a disadvantage. The only hope is for me to learn to fix computers (too late in the United Tyranny of Stupidity, because of OsamaObamaCare, to start a business here), put together a business plan for New Zealand (where starting a business is still relatively easy), apply for the necessary visas, and hope to be able to move there to put it all together.

And, if the witlesses ever bother contacting me there, I am not interested in their rubbish.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit