Does Jesus approve of propaganda?

by N.drew 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• N.drew
    N.drew

Every day on JWnet forum I hear more stories that (if true)* confirm my belief that the Society is NOT a spiritual paradise. To call it a spiritual paradise is employing PROPAGANDA#. Does Jesus approve of propaganda? I know that propaganda is a fancy type of lying. Lying is for devils, no? Yes, lying is for devils. Do the devils live in a spiritual paradise? I think not!

*I will concede that some of the stories are true, some are false. But the true stories reflect that the wicked man is NOT being removed from the organization. So if "bad associations" spoil useful habits, your wasting your time going door to door. You know that? Then why do you do it?

#http://library.thinkquest.org/C0111500/proptech.htm

• designs
    designs

Aren't the 4 Gospels propaganda.

• N.drew
    N.drew

I think the gospels are real. Do you take the stand that miracles aren't real, so therefore the gospels are lying? Well, yes, IF you believe the gospels are not true, then they are also propaganda. But I believe they don't really fit the criteria for propaganda. (my POV).

• N.drew
    N.drew

Designs did you skim the link? In your opinion how do the gospels sound like propaganda to you?

The people I respect most on forum are they who HELP people looking for answers to their question "what should I do?". Jehovah's Witnesses who drop by are dedicated to god, most of them study and believe the bible, and importantly some are looking for other points of view regarding their faith, not their lack of faith. OK? So if one should stop by and see that these people here don't believe anything anymore, do you think they might like to stay and hear some more about nothing? I don't think so. Therefore it appears to me that some nay sayers, like yourself, are more for the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses then for truth and for seeking truth. Savvy?

• N.drew
    N.drew

Today I'm starting my journal.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

A definition of what is propaganda -

Propaganda is a form of communication that is aimed at influencing the attitude of a community toward some cause or position so as to benefit oneself or one's group.

As opposed to impartially providing information, propaganda, in its most basic sense, presents information primarily to influence an audience. Propaganda is often biased, with facts selectively presented (thus possibly lying by omission) to encourage a particular synthesis, or uses loaded messages to produce an emotional rather than rational response to the information presented. The desired result is a change of the attitude toward the subject in the target audience to further a political, or other type of agenda. Propaganda can be used as a form of political warfare.

In case of the WTS. remove political warfare and replace it with spiritual warfare.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Maybe the question should asked would Jesus approve of making up fictitious proclamations exploited from his teachings

with a agenda to commercialize literature, with a endeavored attempt to proliferated that literature ?

The WTS. as a publishing organization has created their own self devised propaganda to support their published works and

to exploit the unfortunate few who they've had lured to their own pressing agenda.

Claiming to be god's sole voice of communication for all mankind was apart of this calculated marketing ploy.

• N.drew
    N.drew
    Claiming to be god's sole voice of communication for all mankind was apart of this calculated marketing ploy.

Thank you thetrueone. It is impossible to prove if someone is for God and even harder, it seems, to prove there is a True God. But they will claim it anyway thus reflecting this:

"An assertion is an enthusiastic or energetic statement presented as a fact, although it is not necessarily true. They often imply that the statement requires no explanation or back up, but that it should merely be accepted without question. Examples of assertion, although somewhat scarce in wartime propaganda, can be found often in modern advertising propaganda. Any time an advertiser states that their product is the best without providing evidence for this, they are using an assertion. The subject, ideally, should simply agree to the statement without searching for additional information or reasoning."

from Oricle ThinkQuest

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit