this sunday morning tv preacher...

by cptkirk 2 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

is reading to the "flock" from the book of ezekiel....the only problem is he's adding a few things as he reads it....he just casually decided to plop "russia" and "iran" into the text, as he "directly" reads from the book of ezekiel to the flock....not sure if it's coincidence but the discourse was ubruptly ended on the tv, and they went to their normal nonsense. i think the guys name is david jeremiah...

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

I think you are referring to the end times interpretation of Ezekial 38 regarding the attack of Gog of Magog against Israel. I believe David Jeremiah is associated with Calvary Chapel (who has always been a vocal critic of JW's). They believe that Ezekial 38 foretells the coming gathering of Russia and most Muslim nations in the Middle East in a battle against the modern State of Israel. As they launch their attack, Exekial's prophecy refers to God's immediate and harsh intervention against these nations resulting in their destruction. This is not the battle of Armageddon, but a prelude to the building of the 3rd Temple in Jerusalem and the appearance shortly after of the Antichrist. The basis for this correlation of Russia, Iran and several other Muslim nations is traced to the modern day roots of the nations and king mentioned in Ezekial 38.

What is interesting is how this theory is being reinforced by the events currently occurring in the Middle East and the increasing animosity towards Israel by the radicalized Muslim countries and escalating rhetoric by Russia against Israel. Many will call it an interesting coincidence, but Believers will say it reinforces how close we are to the Tribulation and return of Jesus.

On an aside, David Jeremiah is a very respected pastor, so I doubt he was yanked off the air for his reference to Russia and Iran...I am guessing technical or programming glitch.

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

whatever fantasy they have about global destruction is beside the point. he's reading from a book, not paraphrasing, nor explaining that he is inserting his own words.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit