Would Cornelius Have Any Privileges Today?

by BroMac 7 Replies latest jw friends

• BroMac
    BroMac

Cornelius recieved The Holy Spirit BEFORE he was Baptised. thus showing he had Jah & Jesus approval. he also was visited by an angel to tell him so:

* it-1p.513Cornelius

“Your prayers and gifts of mercy have ascended as a remembrance before God.” The angel also told Cornelius to send to Joppa for Peter.—Ac 10:1-22.

Cornelius was a serving Roman Centurion, God approved of him and accepted him.

There is not a KH on this planet nor a Body Of Pharisees Elders that would let Cornelius run so much as a Microphone. His most likely outcome would be DF'd.

How many Bro/Sis have been told to find alternative employment? or face 'restrictions' 'deletions' or disfellowshiping. many times at great cost financially. many brothers/sis while being self employed have been told in the WT and by Elders that they could not contract or bid for jobs, but that same 'job' becomes ok if your working for somebody else or not self employed!

have they never read there own books:

.“For a certainty,” Peter exclaimed on that historic occasion, “I perceive that God is not partial, but in every nation the man that fears him and works righteousness is acceptable to him.” (Ac 10:34, 35)

what other examples can you think of that would not be allowed today?

BroMac

• BroMac
    BroMac

Cornelius recieved The Holy Spirit BEFORE he was Baptised. thus showing he had Jah & Jesus approval. he also was visited by an angel to tell him so:

*** it-1p.513Cornelius ***

“Your prayers and gifts of mercy have ascended as a remembrance before God.” The angel also told Cornelius to send to Joppa for Peter.—Ac 10:1-22.

Cornelius was a serving Roman Centurion, God approved of him and accepted him.

There is not a KH on this planet nor a Body Of Pharisees Elders that would let Cornelius run so much as a Microphone. His most likely outcome would be DF'd.

How many Bro/Sis have been told to find alternative employment? or face 'restrictions' 'deletions' or disfellowshiping. many times at great cost financially. many brothers/sis while being self employed have been told in the WT and by Elders that they could not contract or bid for jobs, but that same 'job' becomes ok if your working for somebody else or not self employed!

have they never read there own books:

. “For a certainty,” Peter exclaimed on that historic occasion, “I perceive that God is not partial, but in every nation the man that fears him and works righteousness is acceptable to him.” (Ac 10:34, 35)

what other examples can you think of that would not be allowed today?

BroMac

• BroMac
    BroMac

that worked well

• blondie
    blondie

Try using the "remove formating" button

Here's how the WTS dances around this issue:

*** w86 9/1 p. 19 par. 11 Christian Neutrals in a Bloodstained World ***Some may ask, ‘What of Cornelius, the centurion, and Sergius Paulus, the army-backed proconsul in Cyprus? Were not these men associated with the military?’ Yes, at the time they accepted the Christian message. The Scriptures, though, do not tell us what Cornelius and others did after their conversion. No doubt Sergius Paulus, who was an intelligent man and “astounded at the teaching of Jehovah,” would soon scrutinize his secular position in the light of his newfound faith and make a proper decision. Cornelius would have done likewise. (Acts 10:1, 2, 44-48; 13:7, 12) There is no record that the disciples told them what action they must take. They could see that from their own study of God’s Word.—Isaiah 2:2-4; Micah 4:3.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

I was a microphone runner, attendant, security all before I went for the dunk LOL

• BroMac
    BroMac

hmmm, formatting, thanks i'll try that next time. i originally wrote it out in much more detail but i pressed > backspace and it all vanished. lol

i did not look at the WT you quoted blondie thanks for that, but i had in my mind somewhere that that is how they reasoned on it, even so the scriptures are 'silent' on what Cornelius did with his military career. and its only the WT that change their beliefs after they have been chosen, they should not judge Cornelius on their own 'standards'.

reminds me of peter:

(Acts 10:13-15) 13 And a voice came to him: “Rise, Peter, slaughter and eat!” 14 But Peter said: “Not at all, Lord, because never have I eaten anything defiled and unclean.” 15 And the voice [spoke] again to him, the second time: “You stop calling defiled the things God has cleansed.”

BroMac

• BroMac
    BroMac

FSP:

how about that! you were reaching out so much you were falling over

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

(Thanks to Blondie for the research.)

There is no record that the disciples told them what action they must take.

Since Paul said, “Do not go beyond the things that are written” (1Cor 4:6 NWT), these words...

They could see that from their own study of God’s Word.

...are nothing more than an assumption by the WTS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit