Dec.15th WT -WTS Expects JW's to Preach Despite Chronic Illness - Sick !

by flipper 39 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

In the Dec.15th JW only version in an article titled " Do Not Let Illness Rob You of Joy " it promotes being a martyr in Jehovah's Witnesses preaching door to door in spite of debilitating and often life threatening illnesses . Ask yourself if Jesus would have stood with a whip to the back of HIS disciples if they had THESE illnesses or medical conditions ??

Under the subheading entitled " They Keep Preaching Despite Chronic Illness " with pictures of these alleged sick people sharing how they " sacrifice " to spread the WT society's message I will share the quotes with my takes.

Izabella who suffers depression states, " I like the door to door ministry , but when I am not feeling up to it , I engage in TELEPHONE WITNESSING. " How many people suffering from depression who don't want to talk to others in person normally wants to wear themselves out mentally and emotionally by talking for hours on the phone ? Not too many I've noticed.

Barbara who has a brain tumor states, " I enjoy making return visits and helping out on Bible Studies . On my better days , I like to Witness from house to house. " Right. If you have a serious condition like a brain tumor - sounds like a healthy thing to be doing going out banging on doors and wearing yourself out physically ! Not.

Then Zbigniew who has rheumatoid arthritis states, " I carry only a very light magazine bag. I stay out as long as my aching joints allow. " So this man is trained to earn points for eternal life in an alleged " Paradise " by making himself feel pain in his joints in the present life ? Uh-huh. Must be a very taxing God , er leader( s ) of the WT society that puts THAT into his brain or thought process.

Then as if to add insult to injury the WT article makes this statement, " Jehovah can give you strength by means of his holy spirit, his word, and the Christian brotherhood. You WOULD NOT expect God to remove your infirmity miraculously. " No, really ?? !! Not unless of course you have these medical conditions and have been told you will LOSE these chronic medical conditions MIRACULOUSLY in the alleged " Paradise " once you get there and are healed instantly !!

The dishonesty of the WT society to on the one hand speak out of one side of their mouth to manipulate JW's to believe in miracles like a " Paradise " that will heal them of horrific medical conditions - and yet in the here and now out of the other side of their mouth to tell them to NOT expect miracles in their everyday life to relieve these medical conditions is nothing more than doublespeak which creates confusion , and guilt ridden service by JW's for the WT society's needs. It's like telling a starving dog on a chain that he can eat food at a later date inside the house , but not until he stays on the chain for another few years or 10 or more years. By that time the dog dies and another dog takes his place in believing the lying, dishonest master !

And that is EXACTLY what the WT society is to chronically sick JW's - a lying, dishonest taskmaster who will never deliver ANY Paradise ! How disgusting, barbaric, and twisted can one organization get ?? I'll let you answer that. As always I welcome any and all comments and observations you have. I have an older JW sibling who feels they have to suffer as a martyr like this to be approved by God. I think it's total dog doo doo. Peace out to you all, hope you are doing well. Mr. Flipper

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

It is always hours, not quality of time. It is busy work. Certainly Jesus and then Paul wanted us to have private time to reflect on God and salvation. My grandmother was raised in the Witnesses. Her father was a remnant member. Her aunts went to jail in landmark Witness cases in Paterson, NJ. Living simply, her joy was her Jehovah's Witness card. She honed and honed her preaching skills. People met at her apartment well into her 70s. When she was well into her 80s, she deteriorated quickly and became bed bound. When she was hospitalized, she politely witnesses to the nurses. Her id card was revoked b/c she could not go door to door. We were furious. Family friends at Bethel were going to be contacted but she was too ashamed and forbid it.

The brothers were total idiots. She was deeply hurt. They were around 40. First, I don't that they stayed active until her age. One was disfellowshipped. They were totally unreal. Wait until their bodies fall apart and they suffer agony as they die. I appreciate the posts here b/c I see more clearly than the problem with the Witnesses is not their bizarre and inaccurate Bible doctrines but a Nazi like imperative to just do busy work. The organization is all important. The quality of individual Christian lives and the quality of the community do not bother. Money is the prime directive.

• White Dove
    White Dove

If she's got a brain tumor, she might be going through chemo or other imune suppresant treatment.

It's the dumbest thing to be out and about in all those germs.

I knew of a lady with cancer who was going through chemo.

She'd go to church but sit in the back and leave right away to avoid getting a cold or any other deadly (to her) disease.

My grandmother beats herself up all the time for not being able to do more more more.

She's also disgusted with the stories of the walking dead going door to door.

One sister said at an assembly, "If you can breathe, you can pioneer!"

Cue thunderous applause.

They are lying about almost dead people going door to door.

• paladin
    paladin

Well that's it for me with this Borganization. I have ligit health problems and will not be coerced by any BOE's. I feel like telling them off.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Wow, I must be a slacker, because I haven't read that Dec Mag. yet. I do have a chronic illness, but I have the soundness of mind to accept my limitations. Some unfortunately don't and you can see why. It's because of these experiences of such ones that give us the impression that you are not doing enough.

However, I have worked in First Aid at assemblies, and I have seen so many that were so ill that ended up in the first aid department. These were regular ones that should have stayed home. Some attended the Assemblies and brought their medical chairs. The attendants tried to discourage them from setting them up, but these handicapped, injurred chronically ill people have attitude. Even the DO couldn't talk these ones to obey the fire regulations. Some are really dear, but some are really out to lunch.

I have worked with too many grumpy individuals in FS and they really shouldn't be pushing themselves like this. They really are not happy. We had a dear older sister who lived in an Long Term Care who A/ pioneer one April. She died of Neumonia the next month. Some praised her for her faith, and dedication. But, some said we killed her. She always looked sad.

• flipper
    flipper

BAND ON THE RUN- Very well put by you ! Your statement, " A Nazi like imperative to just do busy work . The organization is all important. The quality of individual Christian lives........ do not bother. " I'm so sorry your grandmother suffered so much. The WT society is definitely criminal and should be indicted on abusive hate crimes towards the sick and elderly among them.

WHITE DOVE- Exactly. What is a woman with a brain tumor doing going door to door anyway ? Good point about the germs being picked up ! My 84 year old JW mom beats herself up also like your grandmother for " not doing enough ". It infuriates me towards the WT society. Hasn't this organization beaten up and guilted it's members enough ??

PALADIN- Good for you ! Don't let the elders or the wT organization push you around anymore ! Especially if you have serious health problems. Even if you DON'T have health problems- don't let them push you around

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

That's a fairly tasteless article. If that wasn't a "let them eat cake" moment, please correct me.

• flipper
    flipper

QUARTERBACK- Wow. Your examples prove the point I'm trying to make by posting this thread on this article. Essentially the WT society IS KILLING people. By guilting them so terribly that the chronically sick Witnesses don't feel they can even miss one meeting or they'll be disapproved by God, er the WT society someway. That is so terribly sad that the older JW woman you mentioned died from pneumonia after pushing herself too hard. In many JW's they lose any sense of a spirit of a sound mind and insanely push heir physical bodies beyond what is normal for human beings. It's sad and disgusting to me.

WHA HAPPENED- You are correct - a very sad and tasteless article indeed

• Joliette
    Joliette

I swear the watchtowers keep get worse and worse with every issue they print.

• blondie
    blondie

I can remember a sister, a truly kind one, that developed kidney disease and was on regular dialysis, required a wheelchair. She was always used as an example that the "healthy" could DO MORE. They never did it when she was around. One day it got back to her that certain elders were browbeating others with her example. She said they had no right to use her as a weapon to make people feel guilty. She mentioned that these elders weren't regular pioneering and she whipped out experiences in the publications about elders who regular pioneered and that these or any elders had no excuse. Wow.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit