"Theocratic Warfare" and the Annual Report

by Billy the Ex-Bethelite 141 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• factfinder
    factfinder

life is too short-

I'm sorry that you too, felt as an outsider in your congregation.

That is rediculous that the cong never worked the territory your KH was in. You had to travel so far -that is rediculous! And how uncomfortable it must have been sqeezing 6 people into the car for such long drives. What happened at Bethel? Were you in Brooklyn, Wallkill or Patterson? What did you see that was so shocking? That must be especially discouraging- seeing wrongdoing at Bethel.

Most elders did not go out on Saturdays in the congs I was in too. One elder & his wife ALWAYS misteriously disappeared right after taking the group to the territory and assigning blocks to work. Then , POOF! they were gone never to be seen again in service that day!

• factfinder
    factfinder

outsmartthesystem-

Thank you for mentioning that this is a thread about dishonesty. You are 100% correct that the things that caused me to leave the witnesses are true regardless if I like certain posts or not, or discover some who post here were not honest as witnesses. And you are right-everyone has their OWN side of a story .

It is too bad the society painst everyone of us who leave as "mentally diseased apostates' who try to cause other witnesses to leave. I have never tried to encourage any witnesses to leave, including my brother. Each one needs to make up their own mind. But the GB condemns ALL who leave as if we were bitter enemies.

Yes-EVERYBODY fibs. I have too.

• factfinder
    factfinder

Robert17-

You ask how I can be upset with number fudging but not be upset that 7 billion people will die at Armageddon?

Actually since my family (other than one of my brothers and myself) were not witnesses, I was worried whether they would" come in the truth" before Armageddon came,. There were also nice people I knew, or met, who did not become witnesses and I worried about them too. But a sister told me not to worry. That Jehovah reads hearts and that my family and those nice people WOULD come in the truth before Armageddon came. (they didn't but Armageddon never came either.) I was worried I would not make it either.

The elder included your cat in the bs attendence! That is funny! first time I ever heard such a thing!

Yes, most people speed. This reminds me- back around 1980 my brother & I went out in service with an elders wife. The week before the PO gave a talk, and mentioned in it-that we must not disobey speed limits. Well-this sister was speeding! So we both reminded her of what the brother said about not speading in his talk. Her response? If we don't like how she is driving we can just get out and walk!!!!

• factfinder
    factfinder

willyloman- that is really something regarding that sister.

• factfinder
    factfinder

shadeofgrey- you found many more loving people since leaving the truth then you found in it- I believe it!

• factfinder
    factfinder

OUTLAW- I think you missed my point when I said half of the 1.5 billion hours is impressive! I'm not saying its ok for the WTS to make up numbers- just that since they start with such an incredibly huge number-1.5 BILLION, that even if half of the witnesses are fudging their reports it still comes to a huge amount of hours.

• factfinder
    factfinder

Billy the ex Bethelite-

I was very interested in reading your comments on a number of things I said-but then your tone changes and you took things as a personal attack on you! Why? Then, you start criticizing me.

Yes, the elder studying with me told me a lot of things that were going on in the cong. Should he have told me? No. But he did. (The elder moved away and that cong was dissolved a few years later.) There were serious problems- he was upset by a lot of them, but this thread was about dishonesty in reporting fs hours-so I focused on that. No- I did not make any phone calls for him. There were very serious problems involving the entire body of elders. After he moved away I left and went to another congregation.

The wt was unfaithful to all of us , yes, we were strung along with promises of a paradise earth that will be here very soon-I was 18 when I began to study with them and told I'd always be a teenager! I turned down numerous opportunities to get a good job because it would cause me to miss meetings or not be able to spend much time in fs- but the end is coming very soon! The best years of my life were devoted to a lie as well!

"I'm a person". Really? Well I have feelings too. How do you come up with the "waving a finger and saying I'm better than you Billy?" Amazing.

Do you know how often I read posts on jwn and feel I'm too stupid and less educated than many who post on here? Many times I feel I can't express myself express my thoughts well and don't comment on things I want to. How do you come up with the idea that I think I'm better than you? I never said any such thing. You went to Bethel, I did'nt. I always thought when I was a witness that bethelites were much more faithful and unselfish then I was.

It does not matter to me if you have been to NJ and are not impressed. I am not bragging about being from NJ! You have misunderstood much of what I wrote. Well, I cannot express things as well as many on jwn can. My memory and vocabulary are going. I also have mild aphasia. Thats what happens when you have had 3 mini strokes!

I was not an elder, reg pioneer, MS and no-I was not cong secratary. I did not say I was. I was simply trying to help an elder whom I was very close to at the time who was cong secretary .

You think I am an apologist? When I WAS a witness I would not give one second of my time to anyone I thought was an "apostate"!

What planet do you think I am from? And why would I pretend to be from NJ and not from Norway?! Yes, I feel like an alien a lot of times, that's true.

Why do you think I'm trying to discredit YOU?

I don't have much experience with Jehovah's Witnesses? I first began studying with them in July 1976, become a publisher that November, got baptized in 1978, went to my last meeting in 2005, sent in my final fs report in August 2006 or 2007. So I have been associated with the witnesses for 30 years. Yes-I still obtain the mags and literature from a sister I know. And I have a friend from my original cong at Bethel- next month will be his 35th year there. So- I do have some experience with Jehovah's Witnesses!

I see you make good use of straw men. I never said there are millions of unreporting publishers in China and India! But in the congs I was in, a lot were not reporting their time. I believe the 7.5 million publisher figure in the 2011 yb is accurate yes. Have you ever noticed that the figure the YB gives is always lower than the figures that almanacs give for the number of witnesses?

I have more than one brother. Yes, my jw brother could be left. Perhaps ambidextrous?

The service year that had the big spike in US publishers I think was the 1998 one. It was very stange- the number was 980,000 the year before, then 1,040,000, then the next year it was only 988,000.

Why do you think I don't believe you were ever at Bethel? I never said that. I always thought Bethel was a special place. Yes, you are right, many publishers would find it hard to believe the lies you got from higher ups at Bethel.

But I never said you were not there or made it up. I don't recall ever having this much of a conversation with you before and I have no idea why you thought things I asked about or commented on were a personal attack on you. I certainly don't like your insinuations about me.

I have said many times in my posts- I try to be objective and fair regarding the wts-there are 2 sides to every story. But if I believed the witnesses have the truth and the WTS is God's organization I'd still be attending meetings and not be posting here. I am not a wt apologist. Just a longtime former witness who is discouraged, disapointed and trying to make sense of things.

• factfinder
    factfinder

life is too short- why would you say "don't let factfinder get to you?"

When did I say Billy was not at Bethel? I never suggested any such thing. He took it upon himself to take things I wrote as a personal attack on himself for some reason.

But I really am begining to feel I don't belong on jwn.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Thanks for taking time to address everyones comments factfinder,

In the search for TRUTH you will come accross so much stuff. For me the only thing to do was sort fact from fiction. I broke every single thing i encountered down to basic catagories.

They had to be total documented proven fact, logical exegesis of doctrine, possible but not proven and totaly fake.

With those 'rules' i went through all the usual press, information on the history, stories, websites and whatever people here were talking about.

Most stuff fell into catorgory one. Exegisis solved a number of puzzles, a lot of stuff was and is word of mouth, not provable by any legal standard but likely by shear weight of similarity of experiences and some was just down right fruity tooty fake or hateful spite.

But through it all, one thing stood out to me: There is no way that the JWs can be or have ever been the 'truth'. The evidence against their own claims is too massive.

And it will pull you around until you settle that one criteria for yourself. Forget what people say and dig up the dirt by your own research. Do that and you will have no doubt that the WT are among the top liars of the ages.

Oz

• factfinder
    factfinder

life is too short-

thanks! I agree with you. It is very hard to have to keep realizing that what the wt taught us were lies. I also wish it could be otherwise, but its not.

sizemik- I'm not sure what you meant that perhaps I was not as fully "absrbed" as some. Could you please explain what you mean by theocratic warfare stategy and did I go along with it?

Perhaps I don't really understand what some were dealing with in their lives and how they felt.

I did not realize what I wrote was a " misguided self-righteous rant.' I don't understand in what way I was being "self-righteous".

As a witness I thought everybody was honest in their fs reports. To find out that was (is) not the case is very surprising to me. It seems some take what i wrote the wrong way-not as it was intended. And billy thinks I am somehow personally attacking him for some reason unknown to me.

I do not feel I owe anybody an apology. but if someone feels that I do they should let me know why.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit